General exhaust discussion & questions
By MarkCayabyab
#314676 Hey guys recently purchased the spoon n1 exhaust for cheap (1st gen). I don't know how to go about the exhaust systems i know for the spoon exhaust you have to get a mid pipe but i don't know which mid pipe to get. I want a smooth but deep sound of the the N1 exhaust that i got. Any suggestions? All i know is spoon, type r and megan midpipe is good but i need someone else's 2 cents :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#314683 T1R sells the other two pieces of pipe for the exhaust together for a decent price and it is real stainless steel.

Everything else you would have to buy an entire cat-back, or have something made.
By MarkCayabyab
#314696 Thanks man! I was wondering if I can put on as is without a midpipe? And is the T1R quiet? My goal is to make it into the quiet and deep tone for the cheapest "right now" so I don't attract cops.
By Mordiiax
#314718 The Integra Type R (DC2) midpipe fits and is a bit better then the EG ESi oem dito. The bends are real bends without making them more narrow. It is also 10mm (51mm vs 61mm) larger in outer diameter and is pretty quiet. They go used for like nothing...

I took these pictures when switching from ESi to Type R midpipe:

Fits perfect against the Spoon N1 axle back :)
I am gona but a T1R though since i am going to supercharge and need an even bigger exhaust. But the ITR pipe has served me well in three years.
By MarkCayabyab
#314728 Thanks Mordiiax! I don't know where to buy a ITR midpipe though :thumbdown: Anyone know a good place? or website? I was really curious but can you just go with the stock midpipe and install the spoon axle back? Dont' really know much about mufflers just saw a good deal on a local craigslist posts and went to pick it up :thumb:
By Mordiiax
#314771 I got mine used via the swedish honda board. Put out some ads! :)
It just bolts up perfectly ;)
By bigpunn421
#315217 supercharger plans sound great. if you have any questions or want to discuss anything supercharger related pm me. i have a b series supercharged.

i never knew that about the exhaust differences either
By Mordiiax
#315293 bigpunn421: I will update my build thread with some questions, maybe your answers will be of some help to other people also :)
By kapow
#318325 Spoon N1 exhausts tend to be loud as they are really ment for the track not street. Spoon does sell a silencer for their N1 mufflers.

As for the B pipe. The ITR b pipe is good but has restrictions like towards the axle back part.

I would get an exhaust shop to make a b pipe, with a resonator. Blox sells 2.25 and 2.5in Honda style flanges which would adapt well with the Spoon N1 axleback

A custom b pipe should cost between $150-$200
By MarkCayabyab
#321956 **Update**

Still haven't gotten that b pipe but i finally swapped by d15z1 for an OBDI GSR. :thumb: But, people have been saying that even if i were to get a midpipe i would need a resonator or something else? Can someone confirm what i would need if i were to get a whole axle back system? I know it would be axleback and in the end it would be headers. But what's in between? Is it just the midpipe? I'm still using my spoon N1 exhaust and i honestly do not want to run open headers :thumbdown:
By kapow
#322005 The DC2R b-pipe is restricted on both ends towards the flanges (goes big to small)

The best b-pipe to get would be a custom one from an exhaust shop, this costs between $80-$150

- This is what you should do, the Spoon N1 is 2.38 in size, outside of japan that pipe size is hard to get, so you have to use 2.25

- Ask for a resonator to match the size of your b-pipe.

- For the start of your b-pipe you need a 3 bolt flange so it bolts up to your cat (get the correct size flange to match your cat)

- At the end of your b-pipe, use a honda style donut flange so it mates with your Spoon N1, they seal really well. Blox makes honda style flanges

- You'll need a donut gasket, so it creates that seal between both flanges, these are cheap

Make sure you use spring bolts aswell so they don't get loose.
What you want to do is replicate your original OEM b-pipe but with a larger diameter so it matches your axle back

Goodluck
By kapow
#322175 Also, ask for mandrel bend, not press bend!

Press bend makes small sections in your pipe!
By Eg6H2D
kapow wrote:Also, ask for mandrel bend, not press bend!

Press bend makes small sections in your pipe!

:thumb:
By MilpitasEH2
#328745 Get a custom mid pipe! They should do it for mad cheap! :thumb: