B16, B18, B20
By Jcampa19
#352823 The engine bracket to the transmission is in the way of the bolted on shift linkage. I'm wondering if I could take it off or if it's a necessary bracket to leave on. A few friends are telling me they don't have it on their engines but I want to be sure.

It's in the way of the bolted on part of the shift linkage and I dont know how to align it without taking the tranny apart. Opinions? Help?

By EconoBox
#352835 You are fine to remove it. If you want to replace it with the correct one which motor and transmission do you have? I'd be more than happy to provide the part number. It looks like you just have a bracket for the automatic transmission instead of manual.
By Jcampa19
EconoBox wrote:You are fine to remove it. If you want to replace it with the correct one which motor and transmission do you have? I'd be more than happy to provide the part number. It looks like you just have a bracket for the automatic transmission instead of manual.

I have a JDM B18c Sir-G. Tranny came with the engine so I'm sure it's a GSR trannh