B16, B18, B20
By eddyg
#348958 Hi there,

I just recently bought an EG with a b16a2 swap nearly done... Anyways just finishing off the job but this is my first civic so still learning the nuances.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me. The two front lower engine mounts. The m12x1.25 threaded shaft that goes through the rubber bushes. Is this meant to be a very loose fit. I didn't measure the ID of mount hole but is probably more like 14mm +.

So my question is this meant to be a loose fit then it relies on the clamp from the washer and nut to keep in place or do i have the wrong rubber mounts!

Have done lots of searching and couldn't find anything. An answer would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ed
By eddyg
#348959 Image

This is the holes i am referring to.
By suspendedHatch
#349004 Yeah, your assumption is correct.

The one on the left of your pic is the driver's side. That mount is super weak and it's ripped on every Civic or Integra I've ever seen. I've discovered recently that you can swap one from the passenger side (which is much thicker and less prone to ripping) if you also swap the stud that threads into the bracket. There's about a half inch difference in length from the passenger side to the driver's side so what I did was thread the extra nut I had from the donor car onto the inner threads to take up the space.

That's probably hard to follow but it should be obvious once you're looking at it. I have pics on my laptop at home and maybe one day I'll get around to posting them.