B16, B18, B20
By austenjanzen
#327026 hey guys, well I found a GSR motor for cheap $550 in fact for the whole motor, now I am wondering is it possible to make 200whp n/a? looking to do a full engine build!

Kinda starts off as
full brain crower head
built bored forged bottom end
and tune on premium gas!
thanks
By Fada Blayne
#327049 200whp is relatively easy to achieve. I'd suggest:

Upgraded Valvetrain
Type R/Skunk 2 Pro 1 Cams
ITR Compression Pistons
Type R/Skunk 2 Intake Mani,Etc
Nice Header of your choice
A Hone and/or a slight overbore if you please from a good machine shop in ur area
Upgraded Rod Bolts and Head Studs for added reliability
Fuel

and you should be golden.

Thats realistically speaking, good luck if you decide to go thru with it :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
#327053 Nice pick up! Yes its is defiantly possible to reach 200whp n/a.
Mind you it will not be cheap lol.. Just boost it :P
By chris_barnes
#327188 Fada Blayne is right. Of course, there is a huge difference between TypeR cams and Skunk2 Pro 1s. Depends what you want really - is this your daily drive? If it is, I'd go with typeR cams, bump the CR to about 12:1 (will not happen only with R-pistons, you will have to mill the head, therefore you will need adjustable cam gears.
Most importantly - you WILL need a very serious headwork (port n polish) + nice valvejob. The key to making honda power is the fact that our engines breathe.
Brian Crower also sells good products, if you decide to go with them you'll do with their stage2.
By 92dxeg
#327227 i am almost at 200 wit a built block very min done to head very easy to get