B16, B18, B20

So should I swap or re-machine the head?

67%
33%
By 94Si Hatch
#304309 Okay, currently I have a D16Z6 with a blown head gasket, and it's also going to need a new water pump and timing belt. The head will need to be re-machined as well, and with a brand new head, I have concerns as to how the bottom end will hold up. Point being, I don't want to put $1,100 into a car and then watch it's bottom half fall out. Therefore, that's why I'm considering putting in an entirely new engine. I want something that will be as little as hassle as freakin possible. Which is why I was considering the B16 out of the JDM SiR. I need all the information I can get on this specific swap as possible.

I'm assuming the B16A has identical mounting brackets as the D16Z6 since it's coming out of an identical bay presumably.
What about ECU's, Wiring Harnesses, Shift Linkage, CV Axles, Transmissions, the whole nine yards.
Secondly, I'm considering parting out the D16Z6 given the fact that it's a moderately rare SOHC VTEC engine. Any guesstimates on the exact amount of $ I could pull out of it?
I know the head alone is $300.
NEED HELP :?
By familyEGuy23
#304320 How many miles on your D16z6?
From what i've heard the B16 is only a little bit more powerful than the Z6 but don't quote me on that just what i've heard
Definitely more pricier to maintain, get parts for,replace,etc.

I considered going that route as well but for the price from HMO B16 SiRII complete changeover+Hasport Mounts+LSD tranny= $3,200-3,500 estimate picked up though not including shipping for that price i got my JDM D15B+tune up parts(timing belt kit)+Suspension+ Auto to Manual conversion+JDM goods (check out my thread :D )

And $$$$ varies where your located.
Let me know if you part out need, TPS and Reverse switch plug located on the transmission :thumb:

Hope that helped and remember it's your build, build the way you want it :D
By 94Si Hatch
#304324 186,xxx miles on the engine.
What I want to do is a SiR restoration so to speak, get the B16, shave and paint the bay gloss black, and then run ITB's and some upgraded internals on the B16.
But I'm concerned over price costs... Also, I don't know how the B16 could be just as powerful as the D16. The D16 has 125HP and 116lb-ft Torque. The B16 has 170HP and 120lb-ft Torque with one of the best transmissions out there apparently.
Idk. Really tied up on this.
If the engine gives out after I put this $1,100 into it, it's going to suck. So I don't want to have to spend the extra $1,100 for nothing.
By blk92hb
#304338 i did a b16a swap on my hatch and just recently did it on my buddys coupe. i cant realy feel a different on power, he says it feel like it had less tourqe. the only thing i can think of is because the z6 has around the same hp and tourqe it feels stout.

now for the motor you car run any b series motor. the b16a is a good motor, the gsr will give you more tourqe. so its up to you. i personly would get the motor from hmomotors, they are very helpfull and you can get everything you need for it, axles, linkages, and ecu.

for mounts the stock mounts will work you dont have to buy aftermarket one, you will also have to use the stock z6 harness.

you will need a delsol b16a trottle cable, rad hoses, rad, and you will have to wire a single wire for the knock sensor.