B16, B18, B20
By LsHatchKid
#266260 im gonna have to hit up my tunner cas he did it on his laptop not mines
By B20vtec-turbo
#266261 ok...

It's most likely your map sensor... either it's bad, or it's calibrated wrong in SManager.
By LsHatchKid
#266262 yea thats what some guy told me too , i dont even know if my map sensor is good because i actually found a spare throttle body in my basement and used that one , i think its from a 1.5 d15 .

and i got a spare circle clip clip that hangs behind my manifold , it sits near the map sensor clip and i believe the tps clip .

i got intouch with my tunner and i think hes gonna send the map
By B20vtec-turbo
#266264 You'll have to take a pic of the clip your talking about because I have no idea. I just sent you a map, but without a wideband, it's gonna be hard to know if the fuel's right...
By LsHatchKid
#266265 ok and i got a question for you . will the map sensor or tps sensor be able to be switched ? or are the 2 clips not compatible to do that ? also on my edelbrock victor x manifold i bolted up a little white sensor on the plenum , i guess thats the IAT ?
By B20vtec-turbo
LsHatchKid wrote:ok and i got a question for you . will the map sensor or tps sensor be able to be switched ? or are the 2 clips not compatible to do that ? also on my edelbrock victor x manifold i bolted up a little white sensor on the plenum , i guess thats the IAT ?

Yes, the map and tps have the same plug and could be crossed. It's easy to find out, in smanager watch your tps and see if the % goes up as you press the gas....

IAT is held in with 2 screws and yes, it's white.

By LsHatchKid
#266268 ok thats a good start , i must got all them connectors all crossed . if i did would that cause my car not to get spark lol ?
By B20vtec-turbo
#266269 If you have the map and tps crossed, yes, the car will not start....

Map and tps have the same plug

IAT and IAC and purge and something else, (can't recall right off) all have the same plug.

You have to be careful when unplugging/plugging things....And always label everything.
By LsHatchKid
#266270 im going to look into that then . im gonna have to down load this map you sent me into my s300 also . could you tell by the datalog i sent you if there crosed by any chance ?

and i tried too play that but i dont know how too .
By B20vtec-turbo
#266271 You tried to play what??

No, I couldn't tell anything other than your not getting any ignition and a WHOLE lot of fuel and your map sensor is reading way off...Hence, the reason I say it's your map sensor. Either you have wires crossed, or the map is bad or it's not calibrated right in SManager.
By LsHatchKid
#266272 oh ok im not that familiar with tunning or messing with s300 , but i tried playing that data log i sent you ? and now that im thinking about it i do this i got my map sensor switched with my tps , dam so i guess them 2 clips being mixed up would cas no ignition and read off on my map sensor .
By B20vtec-turbo
#266276 :thumb: :thumb:
By LsHatchKid
#266277 i need a diagram of them sensors and how many wires and colors of them to each sensor so i can go check them out
By LsHatchKid
#266279 i appreciate it man , you been a help in trying to diagnose this with me , im gonna check up on them wires and make sure all my clips are theres and try and get a new map sensor