B16, B18, B20
By RSuave
#247009 After I changed the head gasket on my B18A1 in my del sol the check engine light turned on and the car idles poorly and I keep putting coolant into the reservoir but it keeps going empty any ideas? I put the head gasket on correctly and I tightened down all bolt to specs, all hoses and sensors seem to be in place and new spark plugs and newer wires. The timing may be off or may have something to do with the new header or new NGK spark plugs.
By JUICE
#247030 why was the gasket changed? did it blow? did the car overheat? was the block decked?

have you checked what CEL code your throwing?
By forcefedEG
JUICE wrote:why was the gasket changed? did it blow? did the car overheat? was the block decked?

have you checked what CEL code your throwing?

He is asking all the same questions i would. Did you inspect the head and or old gasket at all? :?
By eggman95
#247055 Pull your dipstick and see if your oil is milky?
By forcefedEG
eggman95 wrote:Pull your dipstick and see if your oil is milky?

Yea that too :thumb:
By RSuave
#247147 The car had a new head gasket put on it, about a week before I bought the car but the gasket was put on the wrong way and before white smoke would come out the exhaust, but I have not pulled any codes out yet but I am going to bring it somewhere I think just to make sure everything is okay, better safe than sorry.
By RSuave
#247401 With my last car there was a plug and I did the old paper clip trick but it got me nowhere but spending money on pieces I did not need.