B16, B18, B20
By imtyson
#246829 i have a b16a2 swap in my eg and it was running fine until today. i started it up this morning and added fuel injection cleaner to the gas tank like its stated on the bottle. ( i was going to dmv to get my tags) well the car ran fine and dandy to the dmv. when i got there i put in a fuse for the speed odometer because it had blown. ( idk why it fuse keeps blowing might be because im missing driver side front turn signal?) when i waited in line i turned off my
car. and when they told me to pull forward the car started up as usual. they told me to turn off the car so they could check my gas cap. when they finished they told me to pull forward i turned on the car; again the car started fine. when they guy tried to start the car it would start then about 3 secs it would stall. and he would try and start it again and it would just crank without any luck. so they pushed my car out and that stupid son of a biscuit bent up my front bumper. when the car was on the side of the building i noticed that it would prime then the car would start then die. if you tried to start it right after it wouldnt prime( you would have to wait a little bit for it to prime again.) when it did prime i started it and it would die once again i looked at my fuel pressure and it was low again.

whats strange is sometimes the car would start but sometimes the car starts but stalls. this is my only daily driver. i hope you guys can give me some insight.
By TOPIK3900
#246834 fuel pump possibly.... can you hear it when you turn the key??? They can be finnicky when they are about to completely crap out
By ghskid06
#246835 did you put it in on a full tank of gas? Depending on the kind of cleaner, that stuff can damage already weak fuel pump components.

Fuel pumps also often work sometimes and not others when they are on their way out the door.
By forcefedEG
#246959 Could be the fuel pump but also could be the main relay under the dash, if you have spark it probably isn't that relay..... if your fuel system was horribly dirty the fuel treatment could have loosed up deposits in your fuel system and clogged something up but I can't see that being the case in.thoat short amount of time.....
By imtyson
#247002 i tired it again today and same thing. i hear the main relay click after the fuel primes. but sometimes when it dies and i try to start it up again it does not prime until you wait for a minute or so. seems like when it dies i look at the fuel pressure and it drops back down to around 15-20.
By forcefedEG
#247053 Hmmm. Well i wouldn't rule out the main relay ..... but I've never heard of this kind of issue before.... honestly the one in my turbo car kinda did the samething it would intermittently start when it wanted to but then wouldn't other times and it was the relay ..... but it never had the stalling issue :?