B16, B18, B20
By Eg6H2D
#245933 That could have done it. that Threaded hole has to be clean and dry. Compressed air gets most of it out or turning the block upside down empty of course. ARP studs are reusable if none of the threads are damaged as they mention to me before..

So i say try to clean out those holes as best you can. Check the studs for any defects or un even threads and re do with more ARP lube..
By chilango41
#246070 Yeah I'm going to get some compressed air this time. I bought a big tube of lube :thumb:

I plan to put everything together this Saturday. We'll see how it goes, I hope good.
By blk92hb
#246187 did you torque down the studs first. then install the head and torque the nuts. in a circle torque pattern, starting in the center and working your way out.
By Eg6H2D
blk92hb wrote:did you torque down the studs first. then install the head and torque the nuts. in a circle torque pattern, starting in the center and working your way out.

ARP themselves say not to torque down the actual studs. you hand tighten them down then the nut does the rest. you torque the nut down to spec..

The Hex/Allen holes you see on top are for removal. not installation..

not everyone knows this..

:thumb: