B16, B18, B20
By TNFBandit
#245716 i went and bought a MAP sensor...didnt do anything.

adjusted the throttle cable to be able to keep it running and sprayed some carb cleaner and brake cleaner all around the intake and vacuum lines, didnt do anything to change where it was idling (2000 RPM) so i adjusted it back down as it was running and got it down to 1500 idling, so i tryed to get it down a little further and as soon as i did it cut off. as soon as it drops below 1000 RPM's it jsut chokes out.

is it possible for injectors to be stuck open? and not pulse like they are supposed to? and what is the voltage supposed to be at the injectors?

any help is much apprecieated, thanks
By Eg6H2D
#245720 Let me ask you. How do you know your gettin too much fuel??? because the idle stays up at 2000 RPM?? Heavy smell of gas??

Also after lokoing at your throttle body that's an obd 1 throttle body. looked at a 96 TB and it's identocal to an ITR with no Fast Idle Thermo Valve. If im not mistaken the 96-01 came with out that valve. They didnt need it and right now i actually have buttom hole in the TB plugged because after i installed my Skunk2 manifold it didnt want to drop under 2000 rpm. put my finger over that hole and BAM went to normal idle do i plugged and tapped over it.. no issue since..

. and here the part number to the 94-95 integra b18A FITV

16500-P28-305

Actuall more fuel being dumped in the engine is just going to burn Throttle, Idle air passages if are not normal will cause a high or Low idle! Ho to freaking honda and buy that new bottom piece of the trhottle body Fast Idle Valve...

what 96+ TB looks like compared to yours this is a 68MM Omni. very similar

Happened to My Z6 many months ago. replaced that and problem solved after replacing my IACV.

and then u have to set the throttle plate back to normal. Which is once u manually open the throttle with your hand you hit the Stopper ( when it wont go anymore) your cable should have no slack and at that same stop time, your pedal should be hittin the floor. you might need a buddy to help with that..

good luck let me know!! what happens :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#245727 So that valve under the throttle keeps the throttle up from 1500 to 2000 on a cold start up to get the coolant warmed up. once the coolant warms up it gradually brings the idle down to normal 750-850 generally. if that valve is not funtioning properly it causes a stay up high idle around 2000 rpm kind of idle. if it's above that 2000rpm range. it's other things associated with it like mentioned above Vaccum leaks . cracked parts and what not. which makes sense since Cold it holds it up there anyways..
By TNFBandit
#245733 yeah the smell of fuel comming through the exhaust is burning the eyes...

ok, im set in my mind that i have to dump money into this car...so i might as well buy it and home that it helps out.

thanks for the info, im ordering it now and hope it gets here soon
By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:yeah the smell of fuel comming through the exhaust is burning the eyes...

ok, im set in my mind that i have to dump money into this car...so i might as well buy it and home that it helps out.

thanks for the info, im ordering it now and hope it gets here soon

:thumb: good. Honda = Money Pits.. always. But that should work. Like i mentioned extra fuel should not make idle go up... ull just have smoke out the exhaust. another thing to check is the injector seals. what you put in between the injector and manifold. those might be bad. with the car on spray carb cleaner over the injectors if you already havent done so. if the idle dips you found your problem!! :thumb:
By TNFBandit
EG6b20R wrote: :thumb: good. Honda = Money Pits.. always. But that should work. Like i mentioned extra fuel should not make idle go up... ull just have smoke out the exhaust. another thing to check is the injector seals. what you put in between the injector and manifold. those might be bad. with the car on spray carb cleaner over the injectors if you already havent done so. if the idle dips you found your problem!! :thumb:

yeah i have already done that no change in idle
By TNFBandit
#246784 so the word is i have ordered FITV and it is scheduled to be here on friday...its been cold and i've been super sick so other than just going out there and making sure that it starts i haven't done any work on it.

let you know on friday or saturday after i get it in...promise, because i really don't think it will fix it :? but i'm willing to try anything right now.

but i will keep updating as long as i am fixing it, when i do fix it i will post what finally did it...

thanks for checking up though :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:so the word is i have ordered FITV and it is scheduled to be here on friday...its been cold and i've been super sick so other than just going out there and making sure that it starts i haven't done any work on it.

let you know on friday or saturday after i get it in...promise, because i really don't think it will fix it :? but i'm willing to try anything right now.

but i will keep updating as long as i am fixing it, when i do fix it i will post what finally did it...

thanks for checking up though :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Not a problem a constat idle above 1500 upto 2000 is the FITV 95% of the time.. Cool ill check back then! get better soon bro!! :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#247387 You don't adjust the idle speed by tightening the throttle cable like you do on old American cars. The idle adjustment screw is on top of the throttle body next to that charcoal canister hose.

If the cable is holding the throttle open, the ECU will "learn" that this TPS voltage means zero throttle. Then it adjusts everything. When you loosen the cable to it's proper setting, you have to reset the ECU and erase it's memory so it can relearn what TPS voltage represents zero throttle.
By TNFBandit
suspendedHatch wrote:you have to reset the ECU and erase it's memory so it can relearn what TPS voltage represents zero throttle.

does this involve? just pullng the memory fuse? unplugging the ECU? or do i have to get it sent out and reflashed?
By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:you have to reset the ECU and erase it's memory so it can relearn what TPS voltage represents zero throttle.

does this involve? just pullng the memory fuse? unplugging the ECU? or do i have to get it sent out and reflashed?

are you running a stock ecu or is it chipped? Hondata s300??
By TNFBandit
EG6b20R wrote:
TNFBandit wrote:

are you running a stock ecu or is it chipped? Hondata s300??

stock. no chipped no hondata
By TNFBandit
#247488 ok so i got my FITV in today and put it on the car. started it up with fingers crossed and its just acting all weird. let it get to operating temperature, and once it got there not as weird but still not right.
so i shut it off and started it again w/ operating temp and as soon as i start it starts hunting between 1 and 2 g's and it will will keep doing that, so i hit the gas pedal and it will finally even itself out at 1500. hit the gas again and it will start hunting again but will settle out at 1500 again. i played with the throttle and got it down to 800-900 and it stayed there for about a good minute then it would go back to 1500. shut it off and start it again and it would start hunting again...and so on and so on. i was doing this for a good 45 minutes always with the same result.

and there is way too much unburnt fuel...my eyes are on fire

please help!
By ghskid06
TNFBandit wrote:ok so i got my FITV in today and put it on the car. started it up with fingers crossed and its just acting all weird. let it get to operating temperature, and once it got there not as weird but still not right.
so i shut it off and started it again w/ operating temp and as soon as i start it starts hunting between 1 and 2 g's and it will will keep doing that, so i hit the gas pedal and it will finally even itself out at 1500. hit the gas again and it will start hunting again but will settle out at 1500 again. i played with the throttle and got it down to 800-900 and it stayed there for about a good minute then it would go back to 1500. shut it off and start it again and it would start hunting again...and so on and so on. i was doing this for a good 45 minutes always with the same result.

and there is way too much unburnt fuel...my eyes are on fire

please help!

dang man. Im sorry you havent figured this out yet. I assume you bled the coolant.

I dont have any new suggestions for you. I think youve pretty much done everything possible except check your ecu. I wish i had one i could send you just so you could check it out.

if i think of anything ill certainly get back on here and let you know.