B16, B18, B20
By Gordongk
#242067 What are the four bolts (more like studs) called that hold the throttle body and intake manifold together? There are also another three of the same bolts that hold the fuel rail to the intake manifold.

I recently bought a new intake manifold and throttle body. Auto Zone had no clue what they were called (I scrolled through the whole computer with them), and I can't find what they are actually called on the internet. Everybody just calls them "the four bolts that hold the throttle body to the intake manifold.

Also I need a bigger transition coupler for my blackworks 68mm TB. For a 68mm would 3" be the right size to use?

Thanks for reading my question :thumb:
By asianrob
#242077 the four bolts that hold the throttle body are 12mm bolts IIRC i would assume they would be called Throttle body bolts?

and the fuel rail are 10mm.
By Eg6H2D
#242080 I did the same for my Skunk2 got new studs for the TB and nuts. here are the parts numbers to help you from honda.

92900-08035-1B BOLT, STUD (8X35)
[CIVIC | 1993 | 3DR SI | KA 5MT] 4 0.76 3.04

94050-08080 NUT, FLANGE (8MM)
[CIVIC | 1993 | 3DR SI | KA 5MT] 4 0.18 0.72

also what manifold did you get? for a 68mm yes a 3" coupler will be needed. depending on that Intake manifold you have like skunk2 will be closer to the fire wall. your going to need a 3" coupler with a 45 degree bend.
By Gordongk
#242102 Thank you for the part number. I really appreciate it.

I just need the 2.5" - 3" transition coupler to couple the turbo ducting and throttle body.

I have an OBX intake manifold. The TB should bolt right onto the side of the intake manifold with the TB gasket in between, no coupler needed.

Background info. I just got a blackworks 68mm TB, OBX intake mani (port matched), new full port and polish b16a head, skunk2 double springs, skunk2 valves, skunk2 retainers, bisimoto lvl 2.4 camshafts, bisimoto cam gears, and all the other little things to make it work. I'm really excited to get it going.
By cjw_89
#242202 What does iirc mean? I have seen it a few times :eh: No laughing please lol... Theyre just studs your looking for i believe.Double nut them in and go from there ;)
By cjw_89
#242246 thank you.