B16, B18, B20
By 7one3
#239572 Ok sorry of the dum question but I'm taking my b18 motor out of my eg this weekend can any one direct me in the right direction on where to start I have all the tools and equipment but don't know where to start I wanna pull the tranny and motor together is this possible
By blk92hb
#239575 there is two ways of doing it. under the car or out from under the hood.
if you want to drop it from under the car make sure you have enough room. if from under the hood you nee a cherry picker or engine lift.

first. disconnect the battery
drain all of the fluids and disconnect all of the coolant lines, harness, and fuel lines

second. remove the exhaust, shift linkages, tie rods, shocks, lower control arms, and axles

third. support the motor and trans, then unbolt the mounts. remove the motor and trans all in one.
By 7one3
#239582 Omg thanks so much ok one more dum question when I get ready to pull it out where do I hook up my chains
By Jayryan
#239597 there should be a few bolt holes in the top half of your engine just bolt the chains to it or at least thats what we do
By 7one3
#239649 Thanks again guys that's why I love this site :D
By Eg6H2D
blk92hb wrote:there is two ways of doing it. under the car or out from under the hood.
if you want to drop it from under the car make sure you have enough room. if from under the hood you nee a cherry picker or engine lift.

first. disconnect the battery
drain all of the fluids and disconnect all of the coolant lines, harness, and fuel lines

second. remove the exhaust, shift linkages, tie rods, shocks, lower control arms, and axles

third. support the motor and trans, then unbolt the mounts. remove the motor and trans all in one.

why are engine hoist/lifts refferedcd to as cherry pickers? like seriously!!
By cjw_89
#240123 You can take off your front tires throw a tire(no rim) under your engine lower your car right down and unbolt your engine.Once is all let go jack the car up and block it.I put all my engine in through the bottom.Its not easy but what do you do when you have shag all tools :thumbdown:

Yep like the bys stated. Remove your two from stabilizer mounts.
Trans side 3 17mm's
Ac side 4 14mm's
Rear 2 19mm's 2 17mm;s
Top on trans side 1 17mm
top on waterpump side 1 17mm
Drop your whole shift linkage if you desire 2 12mm's
Throttle cable 2 10mm's
Unhook your wiring
Drop your exhaust.Could be ANY SIZE bolts
Drain coolant
Unbolt your slave 2 12 mm's

The list goes on hope i helped :)