F20, F22, F23
By cjw_89
#263106 I got a 93 si hatch and i just picked up a full engine that spun a bearing h22a4.I want to use a f22b2 block with the h22a4 head. I know i know f23 block k series type s pistons crazy compression blah blah blah.But reality is i have a f22b2 engine already there(mine) FREE. And the h22a4 head (doing some body work on my buddys car for it) Its pretty well a budget.

Also i was thinking a qsd kit so i can use my b series gearbox but the kit is $800.Wouldnt it be more logical to use all f gearbox and shifter cables??
By chrono404
#263251 Its doable. you will need to use jbweld or something to plug up an oil line (google for g22 or g23)

It will be low compression(8.4:1), Perfect for a turbo setup. Thus keeping a tall geared f tranny isn't a bad idea.

If you leave it n/a, it will be pretty slow, even h2b. However it will have good amounts of torque, It would make a pretty good daily driver engine.
By cjw_89
#263729 i heard you thread to bolts into the ports you dont need and grind them off? Would you guys prefer all h/f running gear or the pricey qsd kit