F20, F22, F23
By 99cx
#183262 After some research of the F series swap i came across the G23

"G23" has an F23 block, H22 head, K-series pistons, and a B-series transmission !!!

Thats just insane!!!
how many people here have tried this set-up?

after i get an F swap going i plan on trying this out!
By flyinryan122
#183263 Two locals here in utah tried it. OUCH! they obviously eff'd up cause niether of them made it ten minutes
By flyinryan122
#183267 hahaha not sure. i was trying to find the thread about it, but apperently the OP's had the admins of our local site delete it.

They didn't seem to know much about engine building, and did it from thier own garage
By flyinryan122
#183277 I found that dudes thread, or part of it atleast,

This is what he said

''Thank you very much but I cannot take credit I saw a fellow member on honda-tech doing this build then decided it was a good option to combat the price of a k20 swap.. later the build I based mine off of had an article in importuner.. It has alot of hype it is just a ghetto swap I would only recommend if you already have the parts.. after all said and done I think i would settle for a built turbo singlecam it would have been alot more straight forward this trial and error things it really annoying''
By forcefedEG
#183401 seen this in honda tuning, they had a HUGE write up on it (I think it was honda tuning at least :hehe: ), but it is a banging ass setup for a h2b or f2b or in this case a g2b, the nice thing is they did it with most stock honda parts, with is great for reliability... but it was kinda pricey chasing down all the parts to do it, if you got money to play with id say go for it...
By valley.performance
#188486 I like the sound of this.........

Can somone list all the bits from the different engines that are required.

So what are we talking......

F23 Block
H22 head
K20a pistons
Rods?
headgasket?
B16/B18 transmission

What else guys?

Cheers,
Rhys
By JUICE
valley.performance wrote:I like the sound of this.........

Can somone list all the bits from the different engines that are required.

So what are we talking......

F23 Block
H22 head
K20a pistons
Rods?
headgasket?
B16/B18 transmission

What else guys?

Cheers,
Rhys

the k20 pistons go right to the F23 rods

the build....http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0902_k24_vtec_versus_g23_vtec_tech_knowledge/index.html
By forcefedEG
JUICE wrote:the k20 pistons go right to the F23 rods

x2 they are both floating setups...
By JUICE
#189702 ^ I'm sure someone out there has swapped in one of those 5 bangers :lol:

but, speaking of G23's I came across this on CL today..

Honda G23 Short Block (Goshen)
Date: 2010-04-23, 9:54AM EDT
Reply to: see below

I have a G23 Short Block For Sale. It has Weisco K20 Pistons, Kaisen Speed Balencer Block Offs, Block is Very Clean The Pistons and rods are out of the bottom end right now I was running ACL Race Bearings I was going to put Differnt Bearings in It But I lost Interest the crank is in good shape, So its been sitting. I also Have A set of Crowler Stage 3 All Motor Cams that I can sell also. I am Willing to do some trading. I am looking for a set of 33" Tires, Suspension for an EG. Just let me know what you have Cash wise I will Take 700obo.

Call Or Text 376-0654
By OleFolk
#211641 "Some people colloquially refer to an F-series block (found on Accords) with an H-Series head (found on Preludes) as a G-series engine. This combination of an Accord bottom end with a Prelude head has nothing in common with the actual G-series engine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_G_engine

edit: sorry 94_jdm_ferio I didnt see you posted that
By ikon
#211677 i read it alot of custom work and hacking.... blocking and adding oil and coolant lines in the block. :?