F20, F22, F23
By 99cx
#183803 haha DUhhh, makes sense. :P
how about a transmission? should i stick with the same F series tranny that comes standard with the engine?
By chrono404
#183807 F Series transmission will probably come from the engine of the car that you got the engine from. a 90-93 Accord will have the F22A, its obd-1, and the 90-93 Accord also has the shifter and linkage you will need. You can get the engine/tranny/linkage from the Junkyard.

Getting an H2B(or F2B) or H2D(or F2D) kit to let you use to a B or D Series transmission will cost about 1000 bucks. Its not worth it IMO.
By 99cx
#183808 yeah i think ill stick with F series tranny.
will a F22 with Vtec tranny be different ratio? maybe better?
By 92smokeaccord
#185753 i dont want to be a dick but here it gose.
ok i kno a lot about the f series motors.and my opinion on the f22a/b swap in a civic is it is the same as doing a h swap. the h swap mounts will work with the f.but u have to use the h brackets..or put a order in at hasport.but other than that every thing is the same.any questions feel free to ask.and there is a web site for the after market support called bisimoto.com.they built a f22a unabody insight that runs in the 9s all motor.
By 92smokeaccord
#185755 also the f22b series heads are garbadge there porting design is odd portin and flawed.the f22a is hondas best head ever made.with a little porting will open its full potential :woot: .also frankinstins on thease motors are very hard and not worth it.a f22 has a power band from 1200rpm to6500 rpm.the h has a lot more not to sure.so if u end up frankin the hand f u will end up with a low revin low compression h with halve the power and 0nly end up with 130-140 to the wheels.only 10 extra over the full f22a.
By Ajax1989
#185759 if anyone wants more info

go to bisimoto.com
this guy is the single cam king!!
there is a message board on there
and you can ask question and bisi him self helps ppl
wit questions and wit the parts he sells

just look at his 9 sec honda insite wit a f22 sohc :thumb:
By boosted94
#190284 single cams are for pussys :fucker: dohc no vtec FTW!!! jk boys really glad to see the f series breaking through
By boosted94
#199971 also i was just wondering if we could make an attempt at adding the number that follows the "B" in F22b1/2 when discusing sohc f22's. its confusing my drunk F22B dohc brain lol