D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By hatchiespank
#5118 SINCE I WORK FOR HONDA I USE GENUINE HONDA OIL
By da90_2
#19696 Mobil 1 Full Synthetic FTW /thread
By ohDirka
#19697 i pretty much stick to castrol gtx...if its good enough for pro motorcross then its good enough for me
By 1993 Civic Si
#19701 I switched over to Castrol Syntec (full syn) when I bought the car last year. I would've gone with Red Line, but there's nowhere local to buy it.

Grassroots Motorsports just finished an autox build on a '92 Si. Along with some interesting dyno work on various parts, they mentioned what oil they ran...Valvoline Max Life (full syn).

Since I read that, I've switched over. Max Life includes seal conditioners and extra detergents for higher mileage vehicles. Although the engine was oil tight after switching to Castrol, I figure why take any chances.

Plus, Max Life is a little cheaper! :thumb:

Max life is offered in either full syn. or blend. I run the full synthetic version 5w30.

For you guys running 10w40, is that what the manual recommends??? If so, I certainly didn't realize Honda would've recommended a "thicker" oil for the D15. Hmmm.
By ohDirka
#19705 im running 10w 30 in my d15 and i havent had any problems...yet
By weaponr82
#22951 I've always used Castrol GTX 10w30 in my cars. Never had a problem. I've heard Q high RPM is good too. Oils oil though as long as its clean. I see guys at the track using like autozone stuff all the time.