D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By dylan0123
#351308 Just an update:

We ended up swapping the engine harness out the '92 VX d15z1-powered chassis into my '93 CX

It was kind of a pain routing all the plugs to where they needed to go, but the car is running great. Vtec works and the rebuilt motor with 10k miles is running excellent, it feels much better than the d15b8 that was in it.

I haven't rewired the o2 sensor so it's just running rich and it would probably be throwing a check engine light except I'm guessing the previous owner unpluged the bulb in the gauge cluster.

Theres an unused plug from the factory harness that isn't being used because the engine harness we swapped into didnt have a plug to go into it, so i don't know what that's all about.

Also my car didn't have the plug that goes into the black box on the firewall (circled yellow in the pics) so i didn't know what to do about that either.

Anyway, i'm happy to have a new rebuilt motor with low miles, a new clutch, distributor, starter, alternator, and plug wires.

I'll have to wire up the o2 sensor at some point, but it's just so cold out that i don't feel like messing with it

here's some pics, don't mind the ugly valve cover, my friend painted it then he pressure washed the motor before we installed it and most of it came off, so i'll be repainting it black or red when it warms up