D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Eg-life
#346974 Hey guys I have a 94 civic ex and I currently replaced the starter, battery spark plugs, valve cover gasket , oil change and the engines wire harness( previous owner had a butchered one).the last three I did all together about 3 days ago. After I replaced the wires I started it to make sure everything was fine and it ran great, even felt a better than before. But now I notice when I go to start it after it's been sitting for a few hours or so, it has a hard time starting up. It will start up but sounds like it's not getting enough gas or something. And if I try to give it gas after it starts it turns off. But what I've been doing is holding the pedal down before I start it and it will start up but takes a few seconds for the Rpms to hit even with my foot all the way on the gas. I have been doing that and then letting it warm up for a bit before I drive . If I try to take off right away it seems like it doesn't want to go at first but then kicks in. Which isn't safe for driving in traffic. I went to a performance shop to ask them what they thought it might be bcuz I had a feeling it was the fact that I don't have a fuel filter in my car , but they said that wouldn't make ur car run rough like that. They said it could be a lot of thing but he mentioned replacing the injectors , and checking my tune, which I don't know how to do. I believe it's a stock ecu but idk if a tune is needed or not. I just want to get my car running the way it should without spending money on things I don't need to. Any ideas? I have a. D16z6 engine.