D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Ahkten
#312157 How practical are a set of headers? I dont know all too much about engine stuff, and alot of people tell me "you really should get some headers". My apologies if this question has wasted your time, but i just need to know if it would be worth it on my car?

I have a stock D15B7.

Thanks guys,
Nick
By EJ1_MK
#312160 Try, to find a header from a 99-00 ex civic, It is a good header for the b7 and it shouldn't be to hard to find and should be cheap.

But yes a header will help.
By Ahkten
#312163 If an EX header isnt something im able to find (by chance). Is there a certain brand to go woth or search for? Or do all headers basically do the same thing. i ask this because i always hear about "Ebay headers".

Thanks again!
By jdmeg8
#312164 To be honest ebay hearders work just fine for as little as they do imo if hard mine for over a year and it still shines :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#312192 All headers are going to do just the same amount, now the real difference comes into the length and fitment of them, ebay is cheap and some fit some don't have had and installed dozens over the years on my cars and friends and customers cars, and some times they mate up really nice and other times not so much.

blk95coupe on here has a 4dr with a b7 with a 99 ex header and it looks like and aftermarket and performs the same way.

There are not going to be noticeable performance gains between a cheap header and one that is expensive. The expensive ones are going to be actual stainless steel over steel that is coated in stainless. And yes there is a big difference, in noise and pitch the car will make with actual stainless over coated. Same goes for exhaust systems.

But piping is piping and if you live some place where it snows or gets ices a lot then you get something that can be replaced for cheap cause the new stuff they drop will eat thru anything now.