D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By andyc
#295387 Image

Hi Everybody!

I have an issue with my oil light which is getting to me (I have a D13B2 btw), I have searched around and cant find the answer I need...

a couple of weeks ago my oil light started flickering as if it was low on oil, obviously I checked my levels and my level wasn't actually too bad; it was just on the lower mark on the dipstick. I topped it up to the upper mark and its still flickering? sometimes on longer drives it stays on?? The levels are still OK so I cant work out why its doing this? anyone had this issue before? Its worrying me...

Thanks in advance
By andyc
#295390 thanks for the speedy reply! but I'm not actually losing any oil mate?
By andyc
#295393 Ill try that, thanks. I wish I could afford to just swap my engine :(
By Ajax1989
#295409 your level might be fine.. but the light is for oil pressure..
you could have low pressure.. do an compression check
By andyc
#295410 A compression test of the cylinders? I'd be burning oil and losing power if I'd lost comp in any cylinders wouldn't I??
By Apexracing
#295541 yea i wouldnt bother with the compression check. How many miles are on your motor? What kind of oil do you use? What weight? And what brand oil filter?
By andyc
#295574 To be honest, I always planned to run this D13 into the ground then replace it with something else so haven't bothered servicing it. So I've done probably 10k since I bought it and it's on about 134k now... I don't know what oil was in there but when I topped it up I used semi synthetic 5/40
By andyc
#295578 No 10/40
By Apexracing
#295591 well there you have it. drain your oil and change your filter, run some 5 or 10 w30 through, then change it again in a week. An oil filter normally makes it 3-4000 miles then its full. then oil just bypasses it. my guess would be that your oil passage ways are sludged up pretty good, your oil pickup and pump could be suffering from it too. Just because your planning a swap doesnt mean you shouldnt do regular maintenance. I mean shit your fuel milage can really go through the crapper without a proper oil change. And as expensive as fuel is over there, i would be extra paranoid.
By andyc
#295614 Im too lazy with this D13... I should look after it more really, maybe ill treat it at the weekend :) Ill let yoiu know how it works out...

Cheers mate :thumb: