D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By CraigMW
#293839 I hope so man. Good luck!
By TrailerTrash
#294369 well i got the new dizzy installed.... started up and idled perfect. a tiny bit smoother than before. shut it off and restarted it no problems fired up about 8 times in a row perfectly(while engine was cold). took it across town to autozone to get the core charge back... still does the pulsing rpm thing... its better but its still there. stopped to get gas, shut it off(it is at operating temp by now), starts right back up after pumping gas no problem left it run when i ran into autozone quick come back out runs fine back across town. park at the house, shut it off to see if it will start again, and what do ya know? has the same damn starting issue. cranks and cranks, sputters to life, and idles around 2,000rpms. only does it when the engine is warm. if it sits and cools it will start and run PERFECTLY.

i let it run for awhile and poked around the engine bay jiggling wires, connectors, vaccuum lines, anything i could see to jiggle. give it a little gas and it sputters but does rev up if u give it enough gas. i looked for anything that would cause any problems but nothing i jiggled would change anything. shut it off and unplugged and replugged iacv, map, iat, and tps then started again same problem again... only this time i got a CEL!!!

so i checked the code... 1 long blink= 10-IAT sensor
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... fragment-1

could this be causing the car to not start when warm? i googled the poop out of it but i cant find much at all. the CEL didnt come back on after i checked the code and it hasnt come on since

im going to advance in the morning to get the sensor and see if it fixes the problem... idk what else to do :? :?
By Ajax1989
#294370 i havent read pg 1 but have you replaced your fuel fliter?

also try another main relay :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:i havent read pg 1 but have you replaced your fuel fliter?

yes replaced the fuel filter 2 weeks ago before this problem started. havent tried the main relay.. is that tempature sensitive? lol
By Ajax1989
TrailerTrash wrote:

yes replaced the fuel filter 2 weeks ago before this problem started. havent tried the main relay.. is that tempature sensitive? lol

i actually believe it is... i used to have this problem.. when the relay get hot it will act up.. like any other elcet thing(why we have fans on our xbox's, ps3's comps.. etc)

and i could actaully feel heat coming off of it..
i have noticed that my sedan ran shitty during the summer months and had probs.. but in the winter nothing.. i replaced it and untill i sold it.. i only had a prob with it gettin hot is when it was super hella hot outisde(in the 100's)
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:

i actually believe it is... i used to have this problem.. when the relay get hot it will act up.. like any other elcet thing(why we have fans on our xbox's, ps3's comps.. etc)

i have noticed that my sedan ran shitty during the summer months and had probs.. but in the winter nothing.. i replaced it and untill i sold it.. i only had a prob with it gettin hot is when it was super hella hot

interesting.
Last edited by TrailerTrash on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Ajax1989
TrailerTrash wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:

i have noticed that my sedan ran shitty during the summer months and had probs.. but in the winter nothing.. i replaced it and untill i sold it.. i only had a prob with it gettin hot is when it was super hella hot

interesting.

its worth a shot
if you got a buddy with any obd1 civic/teggy/prelude and accords(iirc)
try theres, if not hit up ur local junk yard or if your ballin just buy a new one
By TrailerTrash
#294382 i might have the one from my old hatch i stripped apart. this is frustrating its my dd
By Ajax1989
TrailerTrash wrote:i might have the one from my old hatch i stripped apart. this is frustrating its my dd

i feel ya bro.. my sedan was my DD and it had probs after prob.. i dont think there was ever a time when it didnt have prob.. if it wasnt 1 thing it was another..
By TrailerTrash
#294388 this is my first real problem in the 33k miles ive driven the car since i got it. idk how to handle it :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Ajax1989
TrailerTrash wrote:this is my first real problem in the 33k miles ive driven the car since i got it. idk how to handle it :lol: :lol: :lol:

you learn to live with it lol
By EJ1_MK
#294396 IAC will not cause it not to start when warm it is the ICM in the dizzy. Friends car just had this happen to his z6 in a 94 del sol and he replaced his dizzy and boom fixed. So go with the ICM and the coil first.
By Wicked
#294398 Pull out your spark plug wires from the valve cover, I bet you there's oil in your spark plug chambers messing with your spark.
By Apexracing
EJ1_MK wrote:IAC will not cause it not to start when warm it is the ICM in the dizzy. Friends car just had this happen to his z6 in a 94 del sol and he replaced his dizzy and boom fixed. So go with the ICM and the coil first.

He just replaced the dizzy
By TrailerTrash
Wicked wrote:Pull out your spark plug wires from the valve cover, I bet you there's oil in your spark plug chambers messing with your spark.

no oil they are nice and clean.

Apexracing wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:IAC will not cause it not to start when warm it is the ICM in the dizzy. Friends car just had this happen to his z6 in a 94 del sol and he replaced his dizzy and boom fixed. So go with the ICM and the coil first.

He just replaced the dizzy

new dizzy came with all the stuff inside of it.