D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By orangeEG
#243050 one quick question about removing the axles, i've done a "out the top" removable before but we just kind of grabbed the axles and pulled them straight out of the tranny , not sure if that's the right way of doing it or if i might have broke something.

i'm planning on removing my Z6 from my car this summer to clean the block up and possibly paint it black, and i don't want to brake my axles in the process. also how do you re-install them? any info would be nice (also when i remove it i will be doing a DIY on it for anyone that wants to pull from the top.)
By familyEGuy23
#265236 nice write up teal :thumb: i've read this over and over for the past few weeks and im going to take it out through the bottom right now as we speak going to take out the radiator and ac hoses.....wish me luck :woot:
By brandoff88
teal_dx wrote:That would give you some more room... I just hate trying to get that lower middle bolt off :x And replacing the IM gasket.

but if you plan on taking the motor apart anyways then you might as well :thumb:

OMFG :x i hate that lower middle nut tooo!!!!!! but i also opted to keep the old intake mani because its in WAY better condition( shinier and cleaner) so i need to get it off...was hoping to do it before i pulled motor so i could have everything ready for when the new one goes in...but thats the only thing holding me up so far...everything else is painted and swapped over, alll semi gloss black :thumb: looks sick wish i knew how to post pics

EDIT: :shock: totally forgot the reason i posted was to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this i been looking for weeks on how to drop motor from bottom but all sucked then i saw this and it was like angels appeared and god said LET THERE BE VTEC!!!!!! and so it shall be...as soon as i get that damn nut off
By EG Love
#301117 awesome write up, i did it myself, worked great with almost no room!

(I had to add wood to this still)

:D
By brandoff88
#301446 i just realized something, in all the time i have been complaing about jacking my car up that high, i failed to realize that i dont have to top half of the motor on the old one anymore [smilie=BangHead.gif] so i dont need to go quite as high :woot: :woot: and then realized that i had loosened half the mount bolts already...still need to get one axle out though and i can just get that old thing outta there.. :thumb: