D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rcdel239
#258662 Hey forum back with another question looking for new knowledge
I finally got the proper harness for my d16z6 so now i wanna install a/c back in my car. i bought the car without any ac components, so i was wondering what parts i need to have a complete ac system without having to buy one of those aftermarket ac unit system things. another question i can actually turn on my ac and it blows just not cold so what does that mean and what parts i got. and my ac switch thing is stuck on hot i cant move it to cold. i know im asking alot guys but trust me i searched for days and cant get no good info. you guys know i always appreciate your help alot thanks !!!
By JUICE
#258670 you're saying the car originally had A/C and previous owner removed it, right?

is just everything in the engine bay removed?
By stussy_legend
#258671 what about adding AC on a car that didnt have it b4?!
i have got a complete car here that got AC. is the AC wiring loom a separately loom or its part of other big loom?!
By rcdel239
#258675 yeah im sure it had ac. its an ex. it even blows if you turn it on. it was on boost so the components were removed is my best guess
By d-mon
rcdel239 wrote:yeah im sure it had ac. its an ex. it even blows if you turn it on. it was on boost so the components were removed is my best guess

then you need to know what components are still there.
blower, hardlines, dryer, compressor and bracket, belt, pulley, condensor etc.
By rcdel239
#258681 thats my question. if anyone can please show me a list of the things needed so i can do a checklist and see what im missing
By Greasedmonkey
#258690 Compressor
Receiver/Dryer
Condensor and fan
Hard lines from firewall to every other part, soft lines from condesor to compressor.
By rcdel239
#258693 now can the parts be from any eg or does it have to be specifically 94-95. i was reading that if your model is 94 or 95 it has to be r134 or some thing like that ?
By Greasedmonkey
#258698 has to be from a car that has the same AC system you do.
By rcdel239
#258703 I dont know what ac system i got. how do i figure that out.
By d-mon
rcdel239 wrote:I dont know what ac system i got. how do i figure that out.

what year is your car?
my ej1s had a sticker on the passenger side shock tower that specified r134
i believe 93 and earlier used r12
By rcdel239
#258765 yeah thats what i keep hearing. i have a 94 ex. thats why i ask im afraid to get the wrong ac. what will happen if i do get 92 93 ac stuff
By d-mon
#258790 the r134 is better for the environment but not as efficient for cooling.
so the r134 components are designed to use more refrigerant at higher pressure than the r12 components.
it will not work very well.
By davidomalley
#258792 great website for finding parts. Majestic Honda http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

they have pictures like this

I assummed it's a 1994 Civic EX (non-abs) 5sp - non california car
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp?inputstate=4&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=

ac unit
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=A%2FC+UNIT+%283%29

ac hoses pipes
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=A%2FC+HOSES+-+PIPES+%282%29

then you can go to a junkyard and get all the extra bits. There are a few junkyards in chicago with many civics [92-95]right now. just be aware that in my research 1992-93 uses older refegerant so hoses slighly differ than 1994-95.
By Greasedmonkey
#258793 a 94 car is R134.

The complete AC kit from honda has been discontinued for ages now. You will have to find it all used from people and places. Just make sure its R134 parts and you should be fine.