D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By eg84dr
#173363 oh damn haha nevermind then
looks like im gonna rebuild the z6 and throw the d15b head on it
my d15b came with a pressure switch i knew the d15z1 didnt come with a pressure switch but wasnt aware of it on the d15b
thanks for your added input/info
glad that somone else like this motor as much as me
By jcblessing21
eg84dr wrote:im not 100% sure on the hbeams cause i havnt tried it but i know the z6 rods are the same so yes in theory they will work
i am going to be building a high cr d15b jdm with z6 rods and pistons
i will let you know how it works
i will also take pics of the z6 rods and d15b rods side by side once i tear into my d15b :thumb:

alright much appreciated :woot:
By shanX
TrailerTrash wrote:with the VX pulling out was a task in itself. and you had to rev it way up so that it wouldnt lug in the next gear :x... 5th gear was pretty much useless at speeds slower than 60 and any little hill meant downshifting sometimes to 3rd. you know you got long gears when you can take 2nd gear to 85mph and still have more rpms to go

Heh heh yeah, had to rev 3k to pull out. And 5k for 2nd. And on steep hills, I have to shift down to 1st and keep revving like mad lol. Real pain in the a$$.

Mine go like this if I redline everytime..

1st: 70kmph
2nd: 130kmph
3rd: 150kmph
4th: 180kmph
5ht: :?

Could this be turned into an EX/Si tranny if I swap in just the final gear from one of those trannys? Or would be better off getting a whole tranny? And is this Vx tranny or Dx? *But again we have carburated D15B EGs here, this could be one of those trannys....
Last edited by shanX on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By shanX
d-mon wrote:most have the pressure switch, some don't.
if you want to use a stock p28, you need the pressure switch.

i have had gx/pms pistons on back order for over 2 years.
i don't think i'll ever see them.

Ohh I was also wondering about PMS pistons... Anyother pistons anyone?
By TrailerTrash
shanX wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:with the VX pulling out was a task in itself. and you had to rev it way up so that it wouldnt lug in the next gear :x... 5th gear was pretty much useless at speeds slower than 60 and any little hill meant downshifting sometimes to 3rd. you know you got long gears when you can take 2nd gear to 85mph and still have more rpms to go

Heh heh yeah, had to rev 3k to pull out. And 5k for 2nd. And on steep hills, I have to shift down to 1st and keep revving like mad lol. Real pain in the a$$.

Mine go like this if I redline everytime..

1st: 70kmph
2nd: 130kmph
3rd: 150kmph
4th: 180kmph
5ht: :?

Could this be turned into an EX/Si tranny if I swap in just the final gear from one of those trannys? Or would be better off getting a whole tranny? And is this Vx tranny or Dx? *But again we have carburated D15B EGs here, this could be one of those trannys....

it would be easier to just swap the whole tranny for a good one.

my gas milage has sky rocketed since my swap because it takes almost no gas pedal to pull out and I can shift at 2k without any bogging at all... its like a whole new car with the same crappy looks of the old one :thumb:
By d-mon
#173448 yes d16 h-beams, and i-beams can be used, with vitaras.
fj distributors has custom length rods and vitaras, everything you need.
By eg84dr
#173451 thank you d-mon for all the help on this subject
fj distributers has a killer deal for a rebuild for the jdm d15b basically awhole rebuild kit with vitaras and h beams for 600 bucks
if i anted to go turbo hats what i would get :thumb:
By d-mon
#173841 no problem!
i like to see people take in interest in what goes on under the hood
By Toneco
#184163 Im just wondering, I went on this thread like couple months back and there was a link for JDM D15B internal parts here im not sure.

lmk TIA
By Toneco
#184179 I knew I wasnt hallucinating haha
thanks bro good lookin out.
By OleFolk
#203023 For my JDM D15b V.
I went ahaid and got myself a p28 ecu
Your saying just chip your p08.

Cant I chip the p28 and be a happy man?
Or is it more beneficial to chip a p08?
By OleFolk
#209983 So my JDM d15b's throttle control sensor is broken
I removed the throttle body from my d15b7 and it doesnt have the sensor
Im not looking at them right now but im pretty sure their the same tb's
its all obd1 btw

I also cant find a gasket that will fit.
Folks at autozone dont understand what a 1.5l Vtec is.
And the gasket for the b7 wont work.

Also I still need to wire my p28
:oops: yeah this swap is taking too long
Ive had so much other things to do.