A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics

buy it or no?

22%
44%
33%
By hannibalhekki
#106831 how are they? i want to buy the one my mechanic is selling here some specs:

4 DOOR
2.0 L ENGINE
PNP
CAM SPROCKET
DOWNPIPE
HIGH FLOW CAT
GTI FRONT END
REAR DISK BRAKES
VERY CLEAN INTERIOR!
100K+ ON THE BODY, BUT A FAIRLY NEW ENGINE. DON'T KNOW EXACT MILES.
SALVAGE DUE TO BEING REAR ENDED, NO FRAME DAMAGE.

1500 what do you guys think? how hard are they to turbo and tune? how about daily? are they good on mpgs? :thumbdown: :thumb:
By EL_FERiO
#106833 Sounds like a STEAL! i say do it!....
not before test driving of course :thumb:
By Faded_Milano
#106973 Go to the vwvortex forums for all the info you could want.
By Chance
#115020 I voted no. BUT it could be a decent/cheap DD. 8)
By Baby Carlos
#164011 the 2.0 can take a fucking beating, for the price I'd say get it, there are alot of turbo kits avail for the ol 8v motor, the guys from BFI (volkswagen tuning/parts place) ran a t3 on a stock 2.0 motor at 300 wheel i think, good motor and its a good price
By VhondaW
#165396 i've had about 12 mk2 jettas in the past 5 years, they're pretty good cars

obviously the 2.0 isnt the stock engine, probably swapped from a mk3(aba)
but there is also the later one(AEG) or the early audi bubble block(3A)

its a 92 so the wiring is CE2 and the mk3 2.0 wiring is CE2 so its pretty much plug n play = no hacked wiring

and as someone else mentioned, the 2.0 can take a beating

the early 2.0's are very good for boost, with extra oilsquirters and the crank and blah blah blah.... the later ones do not have these things

sounds like a decent deal to me
By itCouldgeTwoRse
#165399 iv also heard the blocks are cast iron? which i understand is better for boost because they are stronger.

i vote buy it :thumb:
im a big fan of the v-dub just dont know much about them.
By Classiccarsrule85
#165404 the bodies rot way too much on those my friend rear floor pans went on her before the motor then the d.side fender they end up rotting away and thats why i said no
By VhondaW
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:the bodies rot way too much on those my friend rear floor pans went on her before the motor then the d.side fender they end up rotting away and thats why i said no

it was probably a sunroof car....they have plastic tubes for the drains and most times they get blocked by leaves and other debris and the water backs up and ends up draining into the car

and the fender is probably because it had flares on it....i always took the flares off to make sure there was no rot under there, stupid things hold in all kinds of dirt/moisture
By Classiccarsrule85
VhondaW wrote:
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:the bodies rot way too much on those my friend rear floor pans went on her before the motor then the d.side fender they end up rotting away and thats why i said no

it was probably a sunroof car....they have plastic tubes for the drains and most times they get blocked by leaves and other debris and the water backs up and ends up draining into the car

and the fender is probably because it had flares on it....i always took the flares off to make sure there was no rot under there, stupid things hold in all kinds of dirt/moisture

yea it was a sunroof car thought it seemed weird but yea thats probaly what happened the only other thing was it didnt have flares it was in NY all its life so thats probaly why it was rusted....