A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By JUICE
#135793 this is a local guys' build. it is amazing. i've seen it make a couple passes and its definitely a spectacle. its gotta be one of the fastest "new" vettes, and street legal. definitely check out the link....

Full build thread: http://www.lsxpowered.com/showthread.php?t=42

:jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow:
By egsedanguy
#135800 i dont care what anyone says, but i would take a nice brand new zo6 or c6 ova damn near any other car... i have driven the base vett and the zo6. both cars had 5 miles on em.. but that one is very nice, more race car now than anything... but a nice chip, h/i/e and a good tune, you can be pulling mid to high 10s. that would be just perfect for dd...
By Chance
#135806 Props for actually doing stuff to a vette, rather than the typical nutsacks that buy one and think they are "cool". I've never liked vettes probably never will but props for the build fo sho!
By JUICE
#135807 they run high 12's stock. i/h/e and a tune wont get one to 10's. thats quite a leap. this one is probably runnin 8's by now :twisted:
By egsedanguy
alldatJUICE wrote:they run high 12's stock. i/h/e and a tune wont get one to 10's. thats quite a leap. this one is probably runnin 8's by now :twisted:

he wrote:
I bought my car new in 07 and before I had many miles at all on it, it was at the track. I did change the induction to the K&N system right away but didn't get a tune after the change.

The result of that and some driving yeilded an 11.37@124 pass

so your telling me with a good intake, a set of full headers and a full exaust and tune you cant get it to be a 10 second car??? .38 of a second.10.99
Last edited by egsedanguy on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Chance
egsedanguy wrote:The result of that and some driving yeilded an 11.37@124 pass

your telling me with a good intake, a set of full headers and a full exaust and tune you cant get it to be a 10 second car??? .37 of a second.

.37 of a second will get you an 11 sec pass :P
By egsedanguy
Chance wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:The result of that and some driving yeilded an 11.37@124 pass

your telling me with a good intake, a set of full headers and a full exaust and tune you cant get it to be a 10 second car??? .37 of a second.

.37 of a second will get you an 11 sec pass :P

ok .38 will be in the 10s, a 10.99 to be exact...
By JUICE
#135817 sorry, was thinkin of the older ones (pre- 06'). high 10's would be easy. especially if he got those number with just an intake. :shock:
By egsedanguy
alldatJUICE wrote:sorry, was thinkin of the older ones (pre- 06'). high 10's would be easy. especially if he got those number with just an intake. :shock:

fucking A.i think the pre ones were running 12.6 or somthing like that. not sure tho.
By Matt.M
#136657 I love a vette, I'm a Chevy guy if I'm anything, and can't wait to see if GM actually comes out with the supercharged Z28.

This thread makes me sad. My Z28 is in the process of being sold. I'm going to miss torque :cry: