Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By ChicagoMike
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:o well regardless.... still blew his motor on it. screw fake horse power x2

He got what he had coming to him.

You cant put a turbo on and not tune it, you cant put a supercharger on and not tune it, same apply's for nitrous.......

Nitrous didnt blow your friends motor, your friend did.
By wnos100shot
#31232 it's always the N/A guys who knock nitrous.. you must like those 16 second time slips..lol .. like ChicagoMike said it's all in the tune.. belive me I've seen nightmare stories with all set-ups n2o, turbo, all motor.. if you want to make good hp something's going to give eventualy. oh another thing.. NOS themself's recomands not using the nitrous till after 3000rpm and at full throtle. Your buddie should read the instructions next time. hence why it comes with the kit.

"Bottles are for Baby's & so are Boobies and I love both!"
By Ej2-B16a
#31234 dude. n2o is soooooooooooo crap...

2000 civic SI coupe. K20a3 (i know its a shitty k20) but he was SPRAYING LIKE A MOTHER... and he ran 15's :lol: :lol: with the baby bottle.. 15's :lol: :lol:
By wnos100shot
#31236 Your buddies setup must of been the crap part.. even a bone stock DX will go 15's on the bottle. But it's your oppion dude!.. try this one.. "guns don't kill people, people do" get the concept?
By Ej2-B16a
#31239 lol not really man.

i dont see how people killing people has anything to do with a K series running 15's W/ SPRAY
By Ej2-B16a
#31242 are you trying to say. ''Nitrous doesnt blow motors.. bad tuning does?''
By Ej2-B16a
#31246 i totally understand.

but in the end result the motor blew up becuase of???

nitrous..
By BAXTER_EJ1
#31257 Because of nitrous that your friend didn't use properly.

Therefore, the motor blew because of...your friend.

Period.
By Ej2-B16a
#31289 well i mean considering that he got a actual legit shop.. to install + tune and all that good stuff.. i can't really blame it on them.. hes had the spray installed for about 5 monts and he went thru atleast like 10 bottles... then one day BOOOOOOOM fire..
By ChicagoMike
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:well i mean considering that he got a actual legit shop.. to install + tune and all that good stuff.. i can't really blame it on them.. hes had the spray installed for about 5 monts and he went thru atleast like 10 bottles... then one day BOOOOOOOM fire..

What was he using for tuning?? Hondata, AEM, Chrome?????????

I personally have gone through at least 400 10lb bottles through my old SOHC, untuned, and never had a problem. Shit, I used to go through 2-3 refills in a week.
By Bob Mknob
#38572 What a crack up! You guys slay me.
N20 is perfectly safe when used properly. There is NO dispute.
Fake horsepower? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Horsepower is horsepower.. end of story.
Next you guys will be spewing crap about how turbos are fake horsepower.. then it'll be cams.. CAI's.. lol.
There's this saying: "Don't argue about things you don't understand"
To the OP: I haven't had any dealings with the Venom kit. but the considerations for using N20 on an NA application should be engine mileage, dry or wet shot, initial intake velocities, WOT switch, window switch, and proper tuning by a reputable shop (preferably on a loaded dyno) Don't cheap it out and you will have plenty of fun surprising the domestic boys!
By EBT WeSt
#41210 Shyt my friend has been running Nitrous Oxide on his LS Hatch for awhile now, untuned and has had no problems, hit a 14.5 on street tires spinnin, which isnt bad. And like said Nos doesnt blow motor's people who dont do thing's the correct way blow motors