Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By Adzgtr
#47881 hello

ok you guys have strong views on nos god knows why if its good enough from professional time attack cars and rally car should be good enough for any one. if fitted and tuned prop ally its fine its the same as turbo and supercharger work of the same idea more are bigger ignition but need more fuelling.

my mate prelude is running no with out nos and next to standard but made lighter and now nos with tuned ecu it ran 13.5 quarter mile now that isn’t bad. Engines fine before he put nos on head gasket was son it way out and its still holding up (hes building new separate engine waiting for the head to go)

im thinking about putting now in my lsi and maybe a mini me swap might wait and get a d16a8 then noss.

every one can rant and rave but it seems people cry over noss for the sake of it, like its not a cool thing dose it matter if it makes your car faster

just my opinion
By chrono404
#47883 Nitrous if just fine if you get your car tuned for it. Just like if you put a Turbo on your car, If you don't get it tuned, your engine will be gone rather quickly. Get a good tune and it Will be reliable for a long time to come.

Many people have posted the same info. However the fact that Many People, including many reputable people all say its safe if you get a Good Tune should clue you in that As long as you have a good tune, You will be okay.
By darkshadow
#47897 nitrous is good, i love the juice! :thumb: put a kit on my car and ran 13.9 on a dry shot, with colder plugs, drag radials and timing change, on a stock motor with 145k miles on the motor
By id3379
vtec_gloucester wrote:
H22+LSD-EJ2 wrote:nitrous is like fake horsepower u only have so much of it then u gota pay again for more i duno i dont like it

+1

+2
By egferio95
#60697 The Civic guys who are bashing NOS are probably those who thought Fast and the Furious was the shit when it first came out and then hated it with a vengeance when they finally learned that it's all RICEpoop. LMFAO.

Hell, I don't care whether somebody puts NOS on their cars. It's their car anyway. NOS is boost, highly combustible fuel which aids in straight line performance. It's not fake HP, it's a temporary HP gain. Whether or onot it makes an engine go BANG depends on several factors, such as the condition of the engine, the manner of how NOS is used, the amount of NOS used, and how adapted is the engine to the NOS application.

Use NOS if you like, but seeing a Civic with NOS is too RICEY for my taste. If I wanted to run 12s or 11s, I'd get a better engine and tune it to its maximum potential. ALL MOTOR ALL THE WAY! But that's just me, no forced induction, no NOS, just PURE.

I got a friend who ran a mid-11 on an all motor eg hatch. To do that, he had to spend 10x the amount of money compared to that he paid to buy the car stock. LOL. But he made the PI record for a while, and that's an achievement. Well if you don't got that kind of money, use NOS and get the results you want with that short-cut.

Peace out.
By Grafrox
#69564 theres a race shop here in maryland . called speed unlimited . .. who told me that as long as i stay below 50 hp gains i wouldnt have todo anything but check the compression .. .. is it true .... i really want to spray but safly i have a 95 ex coupe stock d16z6
By lopez286
#78410 as long as your running a wet kit (to me is safer than the dry) you should be good but make sure your timing is not too advance
By chrono404
Grafrox wrote:theres a race shop here in maryland . called speed unlimited . .. who told me that as long as i stay below 50 hp gains i wouldnt have todo anything but check the compression .. .. is it true .... i really want to spray but safly i have a 95 ex coupe stock d16z6

You will want to make sure your Timing is pretty much dead on, and make sure your compression is good. If you have a Chipped ECU, make sure your programming didn't advance timing at all. Once that's done your pretty much safe for a 50shot. I HIGHLY Recommend a Wet Nitrous Kit, and a 92+ Octane Fuel when Spraying.

If you go over a 50 shot you will want to back off your timing a bit.
a D16z6 in Good Health, With Intake, Headers and Exhaust and some Nitrous will be lots of fun, as well as Competitive in your local Racing.
Nitrous however is addicting and you will see your self pushing up the shot over time.

Once you get to about 100 shot you are close to the limits of what your Rods will take, If you are going to do anymore Nitrous, You will want Forged Rods.

In the Nitrous forum is a link to the Official Nitrous Thread on Honda Tech, It thought me alot, I highly Recommend reading it, Its 70+ Pages, but its totally worth it.