Everything video game related - console and online, old school & new.

call of duty mw3 or battlefield 3

46%
54%
By {ikon}EM1
#269091 This holiday has to be the biggest gaming holidays ever... I mean were looking at games that all release nearly at the same time... two of the biggest titles that will be released are call of duty mw3 and battlefield 3...

Mw3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ocdVOro ... ata_player

Vs

Battlefield 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8Smso ... ata_player

My question to u gamers is witch fps will u choose this holiday??? And please explain why u choose one over the other...
Last edited by {ikon}EM1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnAWESOME
#269104 I went with MW3 because I have never played battlefield so I guess my vote is biased. I loved MW2 just a few things I think that they could improve on so we will see.

EDIT: so I never watched the battlefield 3 gameplay now that I have I might have to get both the sound and graphics are amazing
Last edited by JohnAWESOME on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By forcefedEG
JohnAWESOME wrote:I went with MW3 because I have never played battlefield so I guess my vote is biased. I loved MW2 just a few things I think that they could improve on so we will see.

X2 I will most likely opt for.the mwf3
By {ikon}EM1
#269114 My thing is every mw1-2 and even world at war and black ops are all the same game... its has the same graphics engine and operating system and controlls from mw1, so y should I get mw3 if I have all the others already... all it is is a mw1 game with newer perks for online...

Ill wait till it comes out much later and determine if its the same... but im most def getting battlefield 3 when it comes out... I've already preordered it and paid it off anyways so...
By FG2_Andrew
#269654 it all boils down to:

are you a COD fanboy or do you want a "realistic" FPS.

i have COD preordered but will definitely pick up BF soon after.. but Forza 4 > all, just sayin'.
By eg-guy
#271766 ive had all the cod games but im kinda tired of them.
i played the battlefield one demo and was impressed. never played 2. but im guessing that the 3rd battlefield will be badass.
By RWMIII
deadbeatEH2 wrote:it all boils down to:

are you a COD fanboy or do you want a "realistic" FPS.

i have COD preordered but will definitely pick up BF soon after.. but Forza 4 > all, just sayin'.

Fanboy? lol. Classic Battlefield biased banter. To each his own man. I dont get the whole talking shit between COD and BF players. They are both great games. Each has their own distinguishing characteristics, why would you want all FPS games to be the same? :? I have noticed that COD players talk shit because they sucked playing BF and BF players talk shit because they sucked at COD. People just need shit to talk about I guess.

Personally, I love the Call of Duty line of games. The gameplay just feels better to me, not restrictive in movement like other FPS I have played. The new MOH has to be the worse. Homefront was the same.

For the OP: MW3 is preordered, I am wanting to try out BF3 before I drop the cash on it.

And I agree that Forza 4 will pwn all others! :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#272083 Personally I will probably get MW3, but in the end, Black Ops is where it's at. So much better than MW2. MW2 was just way too easy to boost, camp, etc. As for Forza 4, I have a ps3 so I won't be playing it :'(
By ohDirka
#274584 I personally am looking forward more to Battlefield. I've played all the Call of Dutys and the Infinity Ward ones are the best (however they did lose a few of their lead designers) but I have a feeling that this new battlefield is going to be better. I played the last Battlefield and it was not as great as I was told it was but they knew this when creating the new one. They want to take down the COD series and they just might do it with this new one, or maybe not. Either way I'll probably buy both of them.
By FG2_Andrew
#274595 i preordered COD because i've played every game they ever released.. they are simplistic, point-and-shoot, run-and-gun games. and i enjoy that for quick party enjoyment.

but the BF series is far superior and a lot more fun in the tactical, strategic view. i love both series and will own them both.

just depends on which side of the fence your own. like the whole XBOX vs. PS3 debate. both are solid systems.. just which is your preference.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274607 Get both...

MW3 is Awesome

Battlefield 3 is Awesome

makes sense to do both lol :lol:
By RWMIII
deadbeatEH2 wrote:i preordered COD because i've played every game they ever released.. they are simplistic, point-and-shoot, run-and-gun games. and i enjoy that for quick party enjoyment.

but the BF series is far superior and a lot more fun in the tactical, strategic view. i love both series and will own them both.

just depends on which side of the fence your own. like the whole XBOX vs. PS3 debate. both are solid systems.. just which is your preference.

:werd:
By 1ACarlos
#274874 I agree get them both.
By JohnAWESOME
#279052 Hey picked up BF3 last night and played a little then and some today it is awesome. I am new to battlefield so controls and gameplay are new to me so I am having a learning curve but the map size is unmached. You can actually hide as a sniper and pick people off and not have someone walk up and kill you from behind like every 30 seconds. I give it TWO thumbs up