A place to post all your Non-Automotive Pics. Nature, People, Stills, etc. Anything without Wheels!
By sdots
#80236 I'm curious. Just say you wake up at a normal time, to get ready for work and then you notice that it's snowed over night just a few minutes before your going to leave...Now are your employers quite nice about this whole issue with the climate and allow you to be sensibly late for work or do they grind your gears about being late etc.? and if you are late cause of the snow, do you still get paid for the time you were absent?

thanks, always wondered because my employer expects us to be experts with climate change and know when the bad weather is coming :)
Well I think you guys are lucky, I hope we get some snow, my birthday's on christmas day and the last time it snowed was on my 4th birthday, I'm friggin 20 now loll no snow :( lolll
By Gorveatt
sdots wrote:I'm curious. Just say you wake up at a normal time, to get ready for work and then you notice that it's snowed over night just a few minutes before your going to leave...Now are your employers quite nice about this whole issue with the climate and allow you to be sensibly late for work or do they grind your gears about being late etc.? and if you are late cause of the snow, do you still get paid for the time you were absent?

thanks, always wondered because my employer expects us to be experts with climate change and know when the bad weather is coming :)
Well I think you guys are lucky, I hope we get some snow, my birthday's on christmas day and the last time it snowed was on my 4th birthday, I'm friggin 20 now loll no snow :( lolll

they tell you to better prepare for the weather, keep track of what is coming, get up earlier if need be, and no you don't get paid for squat...
By Civic_HatchSI
sdots wrote:I'm curious. Just say you wake up at a normal time, to get ready for work and then you notice that it's snowed over night just a few minutes before your going to leave...Now are your employers quite nice about this whole issue with the climate and allow you to be sensibly late for work or do they grind your gears about being late etc.? and if you are late cause of the snow, do you still get paid for the time you were absent?

You basically plow your way into work and try and get there on time, sometimes if its too bad there is cancellations for everyone and you dont have to travel. A lot of times highways are closed due to poor visibility.
By GoRide
#80386 my boss told me that as long as im in before 12 im not late :D ahahaha n also i cant say that the weather will hold me back from work cuz my farther cleans the roads :( ahaha
By Civic_HatchSI
#85420 Got hit hard with 25cms of snow this week :shock:

I couldn't get the eg out till the next day lol.