If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By 92_eghatch
#336470 so i don't know if anyone remembers a couple years ago i started a thread for my 92 eg hatch. the thing was a disaster and i ended up getting rid of it first chance i could.
well, i've been waiting to get back into the civic scene and was hoping to get back in with an eg hatch. instead i had a pretty decent ek coupe come through work as a trade in. i traded my truck for it.

By 92_eghatch
#336471 i've done a few things so far, which include removing an after market cruise control system which i don't have pictures of, and i cleaned up the head lights.

here are pics of the head lights, before and after.

i probly won't keep these head lights, but i'm not sure what i'll end up getting. so if you guys have any suggestions let me know. i don't like HID kits, and i don't like halo lights.
By JohnRM
#336472 Very clean car. This is definitely a good body to work with!
By 92_eghatch
#336473 definitely. the body does have some dents in it and will need some work, but it's all very fixable. i've been pricing out some parts and will be starting on it very soon. i've got a few small bills to pay off and then it's time to dig in!
By 92_eghatch
#336500 this is my laundry list:

replace exhaust manifold and cat...it's throwing a CEL.
replace front bumper, driver's fender, and possibly the grill cause all the bottom tabs are broken.
replace the stereo cause the volume knob is messed up...
tint the windows...people break into cars around here and i park in the road so.....gotta have some sort of privacy.
trailing arm bushings and possibly one of the trailing arms. not sure of the severity.
front brakes need to be replaced.

not in that order lol. it's all fairly simple stuff to make it a better DD, but i'll get into the fun stuff at a later date.
By 92_eghatch
#336952 i've got a few parts coming hopefully monday, and around friday hopefully. nothing major...all cosmetic, but will make it look better, and more functional... i found a black fender off a 96 EX with no damage so i'm hoping to pick that up by friday as well.

i want to put an exhaust on it, but i don't want to replace the whole thing. maybe just the header, cat and muffler. i don't want to go with a huge cannon off the back either... any suggestions? what is a muffler i can pull off another civic that will give it a little better sound and open up the airwaves a little more? if nothing, then what is a decent after market muffler that won't give this thing a farting noise.

all suggestions and opinions are welcome.
By Civic_HatchSI
#336955 Nice little coupe you got there, I like the rims. As for exhaust there is a lot of aftermarket ones that sound decent. Tanabe, Apexi.