If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By 92civicEGsedan
#306884 this is my 72 international scout II
it was given to me for a christmas present all i had to do is get it out of where it had been sitting for almost 20 years and running

the brush it was in :eh:

and after i did some bush whacking

after i got it out i replaced the points and condencer in the distributer cap, i ran new fuel lines, morphed two carbs together, dropped the fuel tank cut it open cleaned it out welded up the rust wholes jb welded the welds to make sure there was no leaks and red coated the inside so it wouldnt rust again and painted the out side of the tank put it back in and it now runs. it is a 3 speed manual with 4x4 with a custom made ( by me) t handle shifter and now all i got to do is get the clutch un stuck from the flywheel and she should be ready to drive. it has headers wiith dual exhuast and glass packs and it sounds good
By 92civicEGsedan
#306885 oh and everything works fine, the only reason my step grandpa left it there to rot was cause he lost oil pressure one day to work about 20 mins from the house so he turned around and drove it home and said if it blows it blows so he thought the oil pump went bad on it so when he gave it to me my dad was talking to his boss man about it and said there is no way it would have made it home from that far away with no oil pump working so i got to looking and the oil pressure switch wasnt connected to the wire like it was supposed to be so thats why it showed it had no oil pressure. but im not gonna tell him that so he doesnt say he wants it back haha
By dbrooks
#306886 Awesome restoration. :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#306890 thanks when i get this thing fixed up its gonna become my baby, just has a few rust holes in it everywhere haha other then that the interior is amazing. and surpirisingly all the tires but one hold air.
By dbrooks
#306892 Does it still have bias ply tires? My uncle has a 73 mustang that still holds air in those old tires. Haha
By 92civicEGsedan
#350225 Well it's not civic related but I started working on this thing again started tearing the engine down to build it up for a turbo project since I want to keep my civic NA but I got a 80mm Garrett turbo to put on this beast and got new free wheels and tires from a friends dad got the heads taken off for a complete port and polish to improve its shitty air flow then I'm going to lighten and balance the rotating mass so I can get out of the 4 grand redline the civic has spoiled me lol then putting in bbc valve springs and retainers so the valves don't float at 5k Rpms and upgrade cams with one with a little more duration but I figured with the forged internals and low compression(8:2:1) and a extra strong block it would be perfect for a turbo build but getting off topic I was taking off the heads and found a broken rocker arm.
By TrailerTrash
#350228 keep it up man more pics :thumb: