If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Classiccarsrule85
#303582 this may start off as a fail for the honda people but due to recent events that really make me dislike what honda has become to people in my area....mainly cars for druggies and idiots there are some great people in the honda community but i dont know if its the times but theres an increasing amount of those kids who think there shit dont stink....so with a heavy heart i sold my crx and most of my honda parts along with it traded my other crx for a motorcycle project and im not getting out completely lol i still have my bad ass crv lol....but heres what i will be getting its something ive wanted ever since i got into cars so its a check off the list and a sweet ass car to drive

i just purchased it and will be taveling down to dc to pick it up and drive it back so cant wait ill have more pictures when i get it and will update on my progress im not leaving honda entirely just the scene for the most part while i venture out and explore other things such as rwd :hehe: :twisted:

well just thought id post this since i havent posted in awhile whats been going on so yea lol
Last edited by Classiccarsrule85 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 92civic_vx
#303587 nice :thumb: i like the "brick ross" plate lol. looks like it is in decent shape
By 1ACarlos
#303629 Classic
By TrailerTrash
#303658 neato burrito :thumb:

needs more low
By Classiccarsrule85
#304325 well after a 10 hour drive (missed an exit didnt have a gps thanks to my sister losing it) but strangely first car i could do without a radio i love the way this thing sounds pulls etc and low well this is how low it is

(taken from the original builders photobucket)

and now for my pictures to give a baseline of what i have

and a fun picture to start off the exterior shots lol im lower then my buddies civic(which is in my backyard as well because he is in need of a engine swap 2cyls just dose not cut it lol....)

Already went ahead and spent money to buy the gt foglight grill and a early style headlight buckets

Still looking for tail lights most likely might do some upgrades to them

I love this car so much its so much fun and hate to say it but had a little fun with a porsche, mustang and a riced out ford probe on the way back i tried to hold myself back since i do not actually have a speedo(already have a new cluster on the way) just a nice big tach lol so there you go my new project ride of which i cant wait to get started on
By blk92hb
#304335 i really like this :thumb: :thumb: it has that old school feel to it and im hoping you keep this one :pray:
By TrailerTrash
blk92hb wrote:i really like this :thumb: :thumb: it has that old school feel to it and im hoping you keep this one :pray:

hell yeah i would drive this thing to death
By Classiccarsrule85
#304351 well this car was on my list and its for sure going to be a definite keeper since theres really no real rot on the car among alot of other things this car is definitely not being sold ever.

and future plans
-possible turbo but its got side drafts on it so we shall see....
-looking into a b230ft squirter block
-fix the interior among other things
-Racing seats
-Other chassis parts and braces
-put my gt steering wheel into it
-and theres plenty more in my head that i wish to do i cant wait
By Classiccarsrule85
#305041 Alright well scored many things at my junkyard woohoo among other things i also got some of the things i bought recently online so onward with an update

first my newest accomplishment (still awaiting a tach that i bought to be put in but other then that close to done with the cluster)

as you can see my speedo was well bad didnt work (found out a reason the speedo cable was unhooked but still im sure its bad )

when i looked at the new cluster there was an issue the circuit board was different this coming from a older volvo 145 wagon. but the clusters themselves were very similar so id decided to swap boards and just go with it that way....

and then i noticed the fuel gauge and the temp gauge had different colors and markings so i decided to put those in the cluster rather than use the old ones from my cluster and to top it off the newer bought cluster had green outlines which popped things out a little style so to speak rather then just gauges....so used that too and popped it in to test it

and also the last thing i did was swap steering wheels to my 242gt steering wheel

and now for more pictures many parts in my trunk

also to replace my rear speakers which have definitely seen better days i found a volvo 240 with premium optional speakers

im sure ill swap out for upgraded speakers but its a nice find none the less

found a set of four black volvo oem floor mats

also decided to fix things that where either broken or missing on it such as hood cable hinges and such
the hinges that where on my hood worked fine for opening and closing but my hood would not stay up due to the springs being removed

fixed

close up

I also purchased this actually before i bought the volvo officially as i knew i wanted it anyhow

oem volvo 2 gallon spare tank will restore and then some for sure

so this is how it sits now i found my old volvo parts bin finally after getting rid of 95% of all my honda surplus lol so i have the rear center caps now for the rims just have to put them on but heres my final pic for the post im loving this car quite alot so simple to work on and much room as well
By Classiccarsrule85
#305060 yes my thoughts exactly lol even has the volvo emblem right on it
By Classiccarsrule85
#307768 so its been awhile since ive updated so i shall start with the present
did someone say flat hood :cool:

now i think ill work my way from the inside to the outside since the interior has been worked quite a bit as of late.....
So i started off the interior with a good ole clean and even the trunk was spit shined to my liking (im crazy even things someone will never see i end up cleaning). The inside new stuff since the cluster would be a nice oem armrest which i must say is a welcomed addition never had one but its perfect for now anyhow. i upgraded my trunk to some carpet that i think was just thrown in there to an oem setup. so i guess picture time can commence.....
(oh and before i forget to mention how crazy i am i spent approx 7-9 hours cleaning the interior and trunk)
Trunk
before

i also found out after extensive cleaning i will be in the market to be buying once i set it up for winter a d.side butt cheek and quarters

also my trunk was not shutting i guess 30 years of shutting took its toll

cleaned

and i think i have a rare item a non warped pside cheek cover

and carpeted looking good now

interior
just a quick throw in this is the aftermath of the extensive headliner cleaning
wonder how many years that was to get the water that black. and that was just half of the headliner shes cleaned up nice now.

new cluster install with a volvo 140's (older than the 240) cluster guages had to tear down and such to make work installed and such
my ebay tach

installed in cluster

cluster installed in car

i also went ahead and fixed the hazard and defrost switch which for now i upgraded to the newer style since i couldnt swap out the button itself as my set had broken clips.
also i found my fog switch which will definitely come in handy with the other part i purchased once i install and such

now to swap over to the engine and exterior side of things but a quick spacer photo to why i dont get things done as fast as i could lol...

now back to the other stuff
new tails yet to install

next i guess ill touch on a quick upgrade i did because i thought this was the issue for my overheating troubles; turns out it was just the cluster voltage regulator

electric fan conversion place here

works great and from that picture ill transfer to todays fun times (approx 8-9 hours as well cleaning and detailing the engine bay and exterior)

clean carbs make starting alot easier now

also took this chance to install my headlight buckets for inset headlights

a clean bay is a happy bay

oh and almost forgot the gt strut braces

new grill setup

last time for this hood to be on for the time being

flat hood time :oogle:

also did some rust fixing before it gets too bad

and thats all for now more updates to come as i tackle the brakes and the exhaust so i can actually get it through nys inspection....cant wait.
By Classiccarsrule85
#313722 So havent posted here in awhile been doing alot of other peoples cars and well just to get the just of what ive been through down lets see where to begin....
failed nys inspection due to compression fittings i did not see....
redid all the brake lines and the shitty advanced auto fittings leaked so i had to buy crush washers for them and wait.

anyhow what ive been working on as of late.....
had to do a ford fucus motor swap as the factory defect of the valve seat dropping out of the head killed another motor.....

did a few lil twists to it and some ford blue engine paint. and wound up like this after extensive cleaning

got this in trade for fixing it needed a new ecu as it was giving off a bogus check engine light.

replaced all four doors due to rust. and did some other things.....
giving it to my girl friend so she dosent have to drive her huge truck around....
and finished my buddies civic up as well took alot of work to get it to this point but was worth it...

and now onto the main show my car its been awhile so ill try and highlight some things
as i said i redid all my brake lines and well upgraded to a adjustable prop valve as well....

found some nice leather s40 seats in my junkyard on a seat sale still welding things up to finally put them in

ditched my axle dump and welded myself up a oem exhaust with a twist

have a whole bunch more parts i stocked up on to install now that i have time

went from this

to this

in the hunt for rust as well as to make it safer to weld up my seat rails for the s40 seats
and took out 10 lbs of sound deadening

also went to rochester about a 3.5 hour drive just for this hood.....as its a rare flat hood that is suppose to go on my car

and now how my engine bay looks after some ram air filters i made work, as well as i made a better throttle cable bracket and you can see my slim booster as well.....this is all for now but damn i love this car

plenty of more work ahead of me but may either have auto cross or a drift event 9/2 hopefully i get my car done by then.....
By TrailerTrash
#313731 great progress man :headbang: