If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Apexracing
#313921 keep it up :)
By Prototype4342
#313981 I'm jealous, for sure. I have always wanted a boxy Volvo and a new S60R. Good progress, too.
By Punksz6
#313983 Nice! :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#314398 Thanks and of coarse projects keep creeping up but its funny how i take my time on my car but others cars i do a great job but get them in and out for the most part anyhow progress.......

sanded most of the remnants of the tar away so i could properly fix the surface rust and help protect my floors for years to come thinking por-15

and let there be new metal going in

and for the most part finished still have to grind seal and paint.

But as ive shown before i get distracted easily hoping to stay on track and work on the passenger side tomorrow....i hope but this was a break project that i decided to do as i have scrap metal accumulating and had this trailer sitting out back my dad bought from a family member years back. and judging from the I-beam axle used its a fairly old trailer from what ive found out due to the 6lug drums, and the rim style its from a 1940's chevy fleetmaster or something. but anyhow its a fun project and provides a little break from the volvo. As one of the s40 seats got wet and hardened up like wood still researching what to use to get her back to normal:-( but anyhow the trailer project
this

to

to

and finally this(not done just sitting on there for now needed to get the bed in use so my yard didnt get called an eyesore, wish i had a garage)

And now back to the volvo

--Was very hesitant about rear headrests as some of the internet searches said i had to drill holes and i wanted everything to be perfect. However didnt take me long to discover factory mounted holes so i testfitted my rear headrests.

I also as you can see from the above pic decided to take out the rear decklid cover....mainly did it to recover but was very surprised as to what i found lol could of started my own bug collection.

nasty buggers

anyhow glad they were all dead and this is why i took out my rear deck lid cover(plan is to recover to hide the holes for the rear speakers so it looks cleaner when i add the volvo sound speakers)

And finally for my last part to update from...I fixed my rear panels....
simple metal bracket pretty much

which made the rear armrests sit alot nicer. As well as the fabric sit better as well...as just a few days before this was falling off and taking the fabric with it. Just have to paint the brackets and ill be set.

And as always plenty more updates to come cant wait to get to driving this as i splurged on something special to keep me on track....:rofl:
By juls1488
#314404 looking great! you pay alot of attention to detail on stuff most people over look.
i love the old volvos like that. actually, the first car i remember ever riding in was one of those old 240 wagons with the rear facing seats in the back. :lol:
in for more!
:thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
juls1488 wrote:looking great! you pay alot of attention to detail on stuff most people over look.
i love the old volvos like that. actually, the first car i remember ever riding in was one of those old 240 wagons with the rear facing seats in the back. :lol:
in for more!
:thumb:

Thanks,
lol when i was i think 12 or so my dad and i just got done fishing on a back road he showed me how to drive....and go figure it was a 5 spd so no easy auto for me. i would love to own another 240 wagon for sure. and yes i do which is probably why things take so long lol with my cars cant wait to have it on the road driving again so i can show the present i bought for myself and the car lol
By Apexracing
#314406 looking great john!
By Classiccarsrule85
#314727 well time for some updating:
floors now are hole free well except for the factory ones. Passenger side well what i thought might of been a simple fix.(should of known better) turned into needing two patch panels. well in the process of grinding and welding i thought it wise due to heat and such to take out the plastic plugs for the rocket panel that are on the inside what i found was not so fun....

so heres what i pulled from the drivers side and passenger side strangely the leaves and such had broken down worse on the drivers side

and to get the dirt i couldnt get i used a hose worked very well now everythings nice and clean

And it has also gotten me to start thinking of a way to cover up the front vent i know theres snow caps but its a tad pricey and brittle sometimes.......so thought of this

excuse my sketchy drawings but it gives you an idea

Shall see how that goes
and with the passenger side floor welded up

and cleaned

today i decided to cut the rear deck cover to allow for headrests and my new volvo sound speaker setup.

and seeing as there wasnt alot of room i thought of relocating the speakers underneath...

i quite like it there instead though unsure of how well the should will work i dont really mind it im more into racing then sound systems and that stuff. though i still have the option of either or shall see what happens after all is said and done....

and on a side not went up to my junkyard on seat sale day and picked me up a set of 244 seats that fit quite well in the 242, and will save me some time with trying to figure out how to bring back the color.
old

New/used

not like ill have anyone back there but stuff like that bothers me for some reason....anyhow as always more updates to come.
By hatchie
#314784 SLAMM that ish and be done!!!!!
By Classiccarsrule85
#314816 umm its 2" off the ground at its lowest point lol i think its low enough....
By hatchie
#314851 needs MOAR LOWWWW!!!!
By Apexracing
#314853 If any thing i would raise it so the suspension can work. It would be no fun auto crossing a car when your chassis scrapes in the turn.
By Classiccarsrule85
Apexracing wrote:If any thing i would raise it so the suspension can work. It would be no fun auto crossing a car when your chassis scrapes in the turn.

plan on it probably when i get some good money ill sell my setup and then buy adjustable shocks koni yellows maybe and a true for my volvo coil overs. as it definitely needs to be raised more so i can fit a nice and thick sway bar on the front and ill need to buy a special spacer so i do not create bump steer issues....
By Classiccarsrule85
#316682 I wanted to wait till i had this in the car to post about it but after spending about 400$ in total this is a part i need to show off as im quite happy i have it this is a rare oem volvo R-sport cluster made for my volvo only so many really exist so i had it professionally restored, and i also made my clock match i upgraded the lighting while it was being restored to led as well.....
Before when i first purchased it

and the clock

And how everything is now

Cant wait to install this into my car Special thanks is needed to Rp80242gt+t of turbo bricks for the excellent cluster....also i purchased these parts from my buddy who ended up not being able to finish a project due to moving this is a 1994 Volvo 940 turbo B230ft squirter block(has piston squirters most desirable) and a B230ft mock up block and head. and yes all this fit in the back of my CRV lowered it too....

going to rebuild the squirter motor and from there drop it into my 242 in the spring and hopefully i can make the ipd meet in portland next year would be a nice trip but must focus on getting my car on the road as it is still not there yet....
By stubrun
#317838 Old Skool cool mate, old red volvos over here are popular for tramp drifting :)