If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Classiccarsrule85
#320813 Time for another update i suppose as its been awhile....
Floor has now been sealed, por15, and primed and painted.

And the final project

And also purchased these nice soon to be updates in the future parts

already installed this part of the kit

and did some trades and purchased this 1986 mustang v8 borg warner world class T5--said it was good as is but since its out im just going to rebuild it so it will last as long as i need it...

also working on getting a penta 531 so we shall see how that plays thats all for now more to come shortly im sure as i just have to lay some wiring down and then start putting in the interior.
By Classiccarsrule85
#322374 well surprise surprise we had two probably the last two nice days for the rest of the year and i got some work done on the volvo project this time as i wanted to get things situated outside and all and bring my motor project inside i decided that was a good place to start. So i decided to first get a overall idea of the health of the engine i had purchased as its a squirter block and thats pretty much all ill need. as ive decided to just go with a squirter bottom end and 16 valve top end. so starting with the compression testing......well that didnt show up very well. it has 100psi through all 4 cylinders.
Cyl 1
Cyl 2
Cyl 3
Cyl 4

So needless to say being a turbo motor im sure this is one of the reasons why the car was placed in the junkyard as i added a little oil and boom compression went up alot

and a little look at the oil pan

So overall health that i could tell is the head is good but the bottom end has miles, and its obvious it needs rings. but the cleaning and tear down went well....and yes i took pictures

and head is off

smooth walls

and i have squirters woohoo now just to get everything else

as well as the engine has now returned back into the shed for now till i get everything situated in my basement

more updates to come just glad its slowly starting to progress