If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By chrono404
#267048 From the headlights on the shelf it looks like a 96-98 front clip.

I haven't seen anyone put an Ep3 cluster into an EF, I know EK Clusters have been put in before though. Therefore totally worth a shot. :thumb: :thumb:

I look forward to updates.
By Classiccarsrule85
#267054 Yup 96-98 front end i have 3 headlights because the guy who had the fenders had one laying around and i told him to throw it in lol the other two i just got in the mail....

and yea i saw someone do a rsx and that well didnt look good at all just sucks because i have rsx cluster clips lol and they dont fit the ep3 cluster ohhh well im sure ill figure something out was thinking an s2k cluster but i like analog guages exspecially when your talking tach.

anyhow im hopeing to have more updates but we will see
By chrono404
#267062 A guy on tampa racing took 96-98 headlights and made them into 99-00 by swapping out lens covers. He also used EG Fenders and cut them to fit the headlights. he just needed a 99-00 hood. so if you want a 99-00 front clip it wont be much harder then a 96-98 and the 99-00 Clip looks better IMO.

i baught some fogged up si lights that came with spare mint lenses. kept the lenses and sold the lights for the same price i paid. I took some nasty yellow 96 lights and put the lenses on them. i didnt expect this to work but they fit perfectly. <--this is the tech part

Source: http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda ... ost2796748

Just wanted to put that out there. Good luck either way you go. :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#267142 dont get me wrong a 99-00 front looks great on a ek or del sol however when on a boxy crx it looks off im going to bolt everything into place and see how it looks if it catches my fancy im going for it if not im selling it all and either dealing with what i have or finding a new fun think if i can find it a sflip up lights are sweet as hell can anyone say 88-91 prelude front
By Classiccarsrule85
#272227 A very sad update tho it may have a happy ending depending on what happens this saturday....

So as many know i was a recent victim of a flood and this is how high the water was over me crx
(i actually was able to boat over it and not hit it)

and when the waters receeded this is what welcomed me

calapsed roof needs the braceing welded in but i dont know if my welder works or not yet :(

and since i couldnt stand looking at it like that i took a hose and washed the outside and just sprayed the inside with clean water

So my delema started there i thought first thing tho is my house but my car is always in my mind and to be honest its going to take alot of work to get it back in order however the interior was up high in my room so that was all nice and dry however i still have thoughts of selling it and getting a daily eg hatch or sol but for now she sits

fastforward future talk if the trade for ek to eg parts goes down saturday then i think theres a good chance within a month or two you once i move back in tho it may be alot longer i hope not but if it dose then so be it but i think im going to be doing a eg front end conversion with eg accents like a rear bumper dont ask why i just had a epiphany and well the eg front end looks better then the ek on a crx lol hope to update shortly but only time and the time it takes to fix my house will tell but im hopeing i can keep her but who knows :(
By chrono404
#272297 It sucks what you have been through. I do look forward to seeing how you proceed from here. :thumb:
By eg-guy
chrono404 wrote:It sucks what you have been through. I do look forward to seeing how you proceed from here. :thumb:

x2. keep us updated with your plans n whatnot
By Classiccarsrule85
#275162 alrite so an update i decided to take matters into my own hands for the time being and clean the crx up a lot i should say lol on the inside as i was tired of seeing it like that....

Im still not sure what is going to happen to it i still have feelings for the car and know what it can be and well i sat in it when it dried out before this and well it was something that made me want to keep and fix her to my likeing if i did sell it to my friend that would be about 900 in my pocket copled with 1000 i already have id say i could get another car fro 2k but my whole thought is why would i want to buy another car for 2k and still have to deal with issues( thus being broke because i just spent all my money on a car) while i could just sink that money into this car and make it turn out like i want.....choices choices choices.....

anyhow heres pics and in the end im going to list what i know is wrong with the car and see what you guys think. I should do....

Hurray its cleaner then what it was and i noticed some issues the flood caused too....cracked open my glovebox and put a hole in the back of my d.side seat with the things that were in it....anyhow pics now talk lower

and ill throw some pics of the k in there too....

Now for what is wrong....
Well rust wise
-gas tank is shot
-quarter and im sure rockers need replaceing quarters because they did not cut out the rot befor welding over
-doors however i have a good decent set
-the rear bottom wheel well near the side of the jackpoint is gone and needs fixing...
-a small area near the tail on the body lip has a hole ....
-on the p.side it looks as tho it was hit in the side and that inner part needs fixing as that is starting to rust a little as well.....

other wise....
-my front end is less then stellar with damage and such was planning a ek swap now looking into a eg front end and rear bumper swap if i keep the car that is.
-of coarse it went through the flood so will for safety and security i wish to rewire the whole car and possibly upgrade to a obd1 civic harness if i can find one (that was my original plan anyways)....
-for a K swap to take place there are a few more issues resulting in the older ef chassis then in such a car as a eg or ek...leading these swaps to be a little more expensive

and in that respect i do have parts my welder hopefully still works i mean she turns on and spins so going to clean it up first and see from there and i already have the car so really im kinda struggleing what to do here i know im keeping the k of coarse but not sure what to do with the car and all the parts i have...
By Classiccarsrule85
#275694 Well new updates since im keeping this car i have big plans took 15mins to learn how to take out the dash of the crx since its obviously been awhile since i did that and its completely different from an eg.... found alot more mud tho the smells slowly disapateing with the cleaning but still have more to remove

also cleaned the dash a little

and before the neighbor took the power washer and returned it not working :thumbdown: i cleaned my bay a little :thumb:

and a little shot of my suspension tech sway bar

and did some trading for my new swap something that i definately think looks right at home on the crx

and just gotta learn how to do some moulding so the rear bumper fits right but it looks to me just what i was looking for

And just curious what are these moulded sections for??

theres one on either end im guessing rear lip or rear fog something non us of coarse but its off a coupe anyhow cant wait to get things semi normal again so i can start working on things again and get the ball rolling on the build. but here are some updates enjoy :thumb: more on the way
By Apexracing
#275702 i'm curious since your going eg, what color are you going with?
By Classiccarsrule85
#275734 I really am not sure yet but id like to try and stay close to the Y49 color code....but once i get things on we shall see what goes on from there and might i say damn this infernal rain and cold all of a sudden! makes things all the more harder lol
By dbrooks
#282641 I'm excited to see what you're gonna do to this!
By Classiccarsrule85
#282652 well its been awhile and now since i have some internet access since im at my aunts in chicago for a few days for thanksgiving ill get some pics up tomorrow but ive once again changed plans to something even more radical lets just say my crx will be in the same category as a mr2 and nsx also i have a new addition to my family of cars that i will be posting as well lol so heres to new posts lol with pics shortly and no still not moved back into my house its getting there tho....
By Classiccarsrule85
#282684 so as promised new update

back story well ive been doing many things since the flood working on hondas helping people out etc. well i got into a sort of business venture parting out a civic ex coupe with a buddy who may have joined here or hes still trolling told him to just go ahead and join already lol but yea i was doing some random searches on my iphone trying to get used to it and came across a guy on honda tech yea i know bad site but this thread was sweet turned a crx into a midengined crx get where im going yet lol well he used the ef chassis front for his build and well since the ef front in my eyes is the hardest to work with due to the traction bars and such i decided to cut the front off my ex parts coupe among other things and just go with the flow considering my crx has been through accidents fire flood and the rust monster i thought why not do something crazy and well thats where i started dreaming my little y49 mr build still in the process of research but i have parts lined up already and i really think this is the way to go so may be selling off the k series to pay bills as well....

pics so far

and what i really wanted

and after some spitshineing with a tooth brush and simple green

and night pics before i left for chicago they are night because i spent most of my time cleaning the bay and z6 i need to sell then cleaning what i was suppose to the back yard lol

and if you spot the crooked wheel you get a cookie lol its because i sold off the front spindle off the pside and well broke the upper balljoint in the process so it sits quite bad lol anyway comments also check out my new daily while this is under the knife
By Punksz6
#282691 Man I can't wait to see more of this project!! :thumb: