If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Classiccarsrule85
#261907 well update finally i really should be sleeping now but i ended up pulling the engine and trans today in about 4hours not bad considering my lack of sleep and motivation lately lol well pictures should be up tomorrow but anyways im going to probaly be selling my a6 as someone offered me quite a pretty penny for it and ill be taking the parts car engine installing a spare a6 cam into it and from there im going to be hopefully driving it lol....

but yea my plan for a ek front clip is comming together quite nicely already got a nice hood and im getting fenders bumper and headlights shortly here cant wait till all is said and done i think tho i may take a break on the crx and get the white volvo thats still sitting on the side of my house done lol so i have a car we shall see......

Will update tomarrow!
By dbrooks
#261908 Cool. I didn't know you were putting an EK clip on it. :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#261996 dbrooks-yea i decided on that after i kept looking at it and thought to myself the oem usdm front clip dosent work with it very well and it needs a longer nose to make it look great i cant wait

and now for the pictures apparently my camera f'd up on the pics i took earlier so i only have the empty bay shots

alot of work ahead of me thats definitely for sure.....
By Classiccarsrule85
#264988 So my last line in my last post "I have alot of work ahead of me" well at the time i thought it was going to be with a turbo setup and me fixing the rust well......

Lets just say now i have gotten my hands on and am making payments on a certain swap that i may or may not have a 6spd lsd with depending on how things go.....lets just tease for now

Hints
-Displacement : 1,998 cc
-Compression : 11:1---well now its much less i gotta rebuild but that just leaves room for improvement
-Power: 197 bhp
-Torque: 140 ft·lb

its got two cams and someone on this site has a similar engine in his car that came stock with this breed of engine

my ek front end is slowly comming together as well my buddy who was doing a 99-00 front end swap backed out of our deal so im just searching around for the best buys i can make will be selling my stock here shortly to hopefully fund the swap on the crx and the body mods and such so enjoy for now the teaser i guess i may think about pics tomarrow i already have some uploaded
By Apexracing
#265003 really just joking when does the bod work start?
Last edited by Apexracing on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By butta75
#265012 It sounds a lot like a JDM F20B?!?!?!
By Classiccarsrule85
#265029 it dose have two letters of the alphabet in it but nope not F or B
By chrono404
butta75 wrote:It sounds a lot like a JDM F20B?!?!?!

:lol:

No
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:So my last line in my last post "I have alot of work ahead of me" well at the time i thought it was going to be with a turbo setup and me fixing the rust well......

Lets just say now i have gotten my hands on and am making payments on a certain swap that i may or may not have a 6spd lsd with depending on how things go.....lets just tease for now

Hints
-Displacement : 1,998 cc
-Compression : 11:1---well now its much less i gotta rebuild but that just leaves room for improvement
-Power: 197 bhp
-Torque: 140 ft·lb

its got two cams and someone on this site has a similar engine in his car that came stock with this breed of engine

my ek front end is slowly comming together as well my buddy who was doing a 99-00 front end swap backed out of our deal so im just searching around for the best buys i can make will be selling my stock here shortly to hopefully fund the swap on the crx and the body mods and such so enjoy for now the teaser i guess i may think about pics tomarrow i already have some uploaded

Those hints are not so much hints as they are saying "I'm getting a K20a2/K20z Swap." Mentioning the 6speed tranny just verifys its a K20.

Its legit your putting a K into a CR-X. That will be almost scary to drive. :thumb:
By Apexracing
#265169 its down right pimp, so pimp in fact that i will be stepping up my game over the winter.
By Classiccarsrule85
#265202 yup pretty much bought a full k20z3 swap minus a few parts....but for 1000 im well on my way with a 6spd lsd trans and with the ek front end its going to be something horribly unique and since i have to rebuild the engine anyhow (low compression in 2 cyls) i dont mind one bit about going to make a little bit more power its definately going to be one interesting ride i love my crx and im sure im going to love it more when all is said and done cannot wait anyhow here are pics of the swap i got damn its heavy but surprisingly the b series seems a tad heavier.....

cant wait to gather all the other parts should be rebuilding this winter and finishing up everything in the spring definitely giving teh chassis an overhaul before the swap as having that much power i dont wish to kill the car so i shall be doing that too but for now its time to sell sell sell and make some cash for everything because like all dohc engines things are a bit more then well a d series lol
By Apexracing
#265223 keep in mind. your going to need kpro for a proper running swap. and a cable throttle body. and get the kpro for the a2 because if your going cable throttle thats what you will need i believe. and congrats on that price its definitely a bargain.
By Classiccarsrule85
#265229 yea im still hopeing i might be able to get by with using my mega squirt and just programming the maps and settings into that in theory should work....

but yea im also going to be going to a hydro clutch setup this thing is going to be snazzy lol when im done that is
By Classiccarsrule85
#266883 So its been a bit and finally i shall update this thread with some new updates parts wise since i wont be able to work on my crx until my friends 4dr teg is done so here are some small updates

she looks so ready to be worked on i cant wait

a '02 civic si cluster im going to try and make fit into the crx

and all im missing now is the front bumper and i can get working on the front end conversion :thumb:

headlights

core support with harness and hood latch cable

hood and both fenders

going to try and find a different fender since the tan one i have is a z3 insert one and i would like to do as less body work as possible to make it look clean anyhow cant wait to get working on it but first i gotta sell some parts and get some money together
By eg-guy
#267008 I can't wait to see this thing finished. :thumb:

keep them updates comin
By Classiccarsrule85
#267020 Will do i cant wait either i miss my car but it turns out ill be doing a swap in my friends 4dr teg instead of a water pump timing belt ohhh joy but hopefully it will be faster as i did in 3 hours tear down and make a shitton of room for myself in it...pretty much longblock once thats outa here i am going to have fun with my rex