Post YOUR Del Sol here

Which color to paint?

33%
67%
By ghskid06
dbrooks wrote:Do you guys think it would be practical to put a flip up touch screen cd deck in my Sol? I wouldn't want to give a a knuckle sandwich while shifting!

EDIT: I found my box of old decks and threw my old flip out in the car. The screen is busted on it, so thats why I wanted to check to see if it would work. Right now, im thinking no. Hahaha

You should have room for one if you want it. If your had does happen to slip off the shifter (which can happen occasionally) you might need a new screen :facepalm:
By dbrooks
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:transportaion you mean haveing more then you and a hot chick in the p.side seat what more would you want lol but yea i mean its not much fro 4people but what civic really is depending on sizes of people even a 4dr wouldnt be great transportation.....

id suggest do both get a em1 front clip onto that delsol so you have some em1 styleing and thats about it

in everyday transportation i wouldnt mind a del sol since it gives you that break before work with everything open and when its raining it keeps you dry without the roof off theres room in the trunk for things and you have the hideaway box behind the seats which can hold more things i mean trunks are confining as it is so depends on what you do daily if you kill hookers then i might suggest a truck with a cap ontop but if you work at a normal job where theres papers and stuff the del sol shall work i think

I do kill hookers..... hahahaha
By ghskid06
#244564 You figure out what your gonna do yet?
By dbrooks
#244619 no clue! haha this will definitely be here when i get back! i might build it, or i might see what someone can do with it! all in all, im going to be sure to make a profit on it, even if i have to change a few things out.
By 1updelsol
#245103 i got rid of mine cuz of the fact that i go on trips and it would be nice to be able to take more ppl with me than just one person.. it gets annoying after about 3 years lol... but thats just me.. im kinda over the whole jdm / fixing up scene.. id rather have a practical car especially for my job.. lol

BUT!! del sols ARE FUN while the fun lasts :)
By dbrooks
#245269 ^^^ i see where you're coming from! i do go to trips quite often as well, but i hate being the taxi, so it might end up being a good thing for me to have! :thumb:
By dbrooks
#247718 Small update, still sorry for no pics!

I wrapped my Torque's in some Khumo Ecsta AST's. I had the same tires on my sedan and really like them. We'll see how they do on this car.

I stored them for when I get back. Just because i dont want the weight of the car sitting on them while im gone for 7ish months. I always recieved these in the mail today along with gold Skunk2 LCA's, ASR 24mm rear way, and a ASR Subframe brace.

I have a million plans for this car and didnt plan on spending much money until I got home, but I did anyways and Im already so happy. I havent even installed anything yet, and I wont until I get back.

What color do you recommend painting my Subframe brace? I sorta want something ridiculously bright, but I dont know. Ha
By Ajax1989
#247720 that construstion orange

u can send them coilovers to me and ill hold them for you :thumb:
By dbrooks
#247734 i COULD, but i wanna try them out first. i was about to order ksports, but i figured that i would try these out, and i liked how they looked a little more.
By ghskid06
#247749 Nice man. Excited for when u get home. I would be buying while away too man.
By dbrooks
#247754 yeah, i probably will! ha it might be hard to decide on what to get since i wont be able to look at it, let alone drive it. im pretty sure ill buy a rear lower tie bar and some strut braces. im deckin' this suspension out before i even touch the motor.
By ghskid06
#247764 That is my plan too. Getting coilovers later this morning. Then next on my list is lcas and rear swaybar. As well as chassis bars such as strut bars. Already have adjustable shocks.

Then....Turbo. lol.

As for your brace. Depends on what highlight colors u want to have. I'd suggest silver , orange, red or white.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dbrooks
#247771 booooooooooooost! :thumb: i love the idea of it.

something about me just loves mean, N/A motors. i might build a boosted motor someday though :thumb:
By Punksz6
#247846 Very Nice parts!! Can't wait to see these on!! :thumb: