Post YOUR Del Sol here

Which color to paint?

33%
67%
By dbrooks
#247870 its just a silver metal color. it doesnt have paint on it at all. i think teal did a write up on installing one and he painted his. construction orange would be sick. i would probably keep the name on it back :thumb:
By dbrooks
#247983 im stoked. i really want to go put all the suspension stuff on, but then again, i dont. i dont really want any wear and tear that i can avoid. AND im leaving my aunt and uncle the keys, so they could possibly take it somewhere.
By ghskid06
#248012 Id wait until you can put it on yourself. When your going to have a significan amount of time to enjoy it. How much longer you going to be serving?
By dbrooks
#248322 i still have 6 years. i just enlisted. i really feel like turning some wrenches for some reason.

lately though, ive been helping my uncle with his mustangs to get them show ready. the amount of work put in them is RIDICULOUS. they're apart of the mustang club of america and they go to national shows and show at concourse level. basically everything in those cars are fucking factory original. it rules. i need to take some pictures of those too :thumb:

here's a link to one of their features in a magazine a few years ago.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/1964_1973_mustang/mufp_0503_1971_ford_mustang_convertible/index.html
By Apexracing
#248934 six years good god, no offense but why? There is way too much risk involved these days and you never know where you could end up. Congrats on the sol though i say keep it and buy a second car as a daily.
By ghskid06
#248936 nice man. I dont like mustangs but i imagine its rewarding.
By 1ACarlos
#248943 Nice
By dbrooks
Apexracing wrote:six years good god, no offense but why? There is way too much risk involved these days and you never know where you could end up. Congrats on the sol though i say keep it and buy a second car as a daily.

its because im a reservist. im not too worried about it, since i plan on making a career out of it. im going to wait two years then go active duty.
By dbrooks
ghskid06 wrote:nice man. I dont like mustangs but i imagine its rewarding.

i used to hate them, but they've grown on me. i like shelby mustangs a lot more though :thumb:
By dbrooks
1ACarlos wrote:Nice

thank you sir! i've been scoping out the site the past few days :thumb:
By dbrooks
#250073 well, a lot of shit can change in one day.

i've decided to pursue my education a lot further and i've decided to move to Portland, OR, where my family lives.

on that note, i'm selling the sol, keeping all the brand new parts i bought, and moving out next month and start on a new car out there.

what should i get? i either want a hatch or another sol and it's extremely hard to pick. haha
By blk92hb
#250077 Get a hatch! You can hide the dead hookers in the trunk and still have a car full. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#250081 FUCK.

YES.

is there enough room for my chainsaw too?! :thumb:
By blk92hb
#250082 YES! trash bags, duct tape, and a 12 gauge shot gun with room to spare.