Post YOUR Del Sol here
By ghskid06
dbrooks wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:Well that just gives you time to save money to spend on it. Thanks for the compliment man. Im broke at the moment, i spent all my car money (was going to be for a turbo on the sedan) on buying the sol and getting it home. So have about two more weeks before ill have some more spending money. Plans are simple (as i plan to propose to my gf of three years as well, which means buying a ring :x ). LCA's and a rear swaybar, as well as paint and a little body work in some form or another.

That's for sure. The only money I will be spending while Im away is for a new computer. Probably another Macbook! :thumb:

That's a nice, simple list for things to do. If I were you, I'd take advantage of the paint and bodywork situation by doing it yourself. Im sure you have a friend or family member that knows all about it. Then, you could save money for goodies for your car and an engagement ring! :D

Sidenote: I thought about proposing to an girlfriend once.....a month later she stabbed me! :thumbdown:

Thays rough dude. I do my own body work already. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#243061 Thats what I like to hear :thumb: :thumb:
By dbrooks
#244437 update or im sending my ex to stab you.
By ghskid06
dbrooks wrote:update or im sending my ex to stab you.

Lol, nice. Havent had a chance to do anything yet, was finishing up the quarter at school. Just had my last final today so i have a week to do as much imporvements as i can, i will def post when i can.

First though, some long awaited ps3 time :D
By 603 jdm
#245323 glad i finally got to take a look at ur sol. lookin good, wish my coupe came with sme suspension haha. i payed 1g for it and it seems likeall i got was a good clutch under 200k miles which im kinda skeptical about because the motor mounts are marked like their from a junyard. and i got a 2 1/4 cat back exhaust wth a gigantic resonator haha. keep uo the good work.
By ghskid06
#246539 small update. Got a 96 targa top that doesnt leak and some red stripe seats with some water staining for cheap. Hopefully i can get the seats to clean up nicely. The targa is mint. Also expecting more parts soon, will update as they come.

I think im going to paint the car black before upgrading too much more. I dont think i can take the white. (or i may go with the green color on the targa because i quite like it).

Anyway, pics.

You can see where whoever painted the car painted over the trim. Its been cold but once it warms up just enough and i have free time i will be cleaning that off as well as begining body work.

On the lookout for a good hood and possibly some coilovers or lowering springs too if anyone is near here or can ship suspension.
By dbrooks
#246577 ah yes! im glad it fit!!
By ghskid06
#246811 got the seats in today.
also took the advice of the members on the forum and picked up a thrush exhaust. Not on yet, just got it last night.

more coming this next few weeks.
By dbrooks
#246815 those seats look awesome! and that exhaust looks sick. im pumped to see it on. i might ask you a million questions about it! :thumb:
By ghskid06
#246827 @603 jdm thanks man. Remember i already had the engine and drove 230 miles in a snowstorm for this car.

dbrooks wrote:those seats look awesome! and that exhaust looks sick. im pumped to see it on. i might ask you a million questions about it! :thumb:

thanks man

Ill def let you know how it is. Im pretty curious myself. It looks pretty open in there, but im hoping the "tri flow design" will cut down on the raspyness. I def wanted something that had a stock look but that would flow. Without the rasp of course.

Got some paint that i think will match the car so i can start doing body work. Dont worry the paint is just going to be temp so i can continue to drive a decent looking car until its ready for real paint.

Other stuff still coming.

also strongly considering getting ciruit 8's. Cant decide whether i want these or if im going to wait for something else.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 94EJ2
#246852 i have one of those mufflers it sounded good on my brothers z6 ef hatch not raspy just nice deep tone but he changed it so i just have the muffler sitting in my garage
By 603 jdm
#246856 my thrush turbo seems too sound pretty good on mine not raspy or loud till u realy get on it has a nice lil burble subie sound at idle, well mine seems to atleast. i only drove like 45 mins away for my civic haha came with 3/4 tank of gass too :woot:
By dbrooks
#246859 those wheels would look real good! :thumb:
By ghskid06
#247173 On my way to pick up some rims. Will post pics tonight when I get back.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#247210 Sneak peek.