Post YOUR Del Sol here
By ghskid06
#237339 Such a long story behind getting this car, ill tell it all later but heres the short version. My 95 ex got rear ended, found several cars decided on this sol eventually, got stuck in michigan in a snow storm last night and finally made it home today. Ill tell the rest of the story later but heres the car.

link to old thread http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=16820

Performance mods
-Megan 4-2-1 racing header w/ 2.25 inch exhaust
-skunk 2 coilovers
-KYB adjustable shocks
-15" rota slipstreams
-thrush turbo muffler

Audio
-Factory tape deck!
-Hidden 12 disk cd changer
-Pioneer speakers

Interior
-red stripe seats

First Two days of ownership
sorry for the cell pics, i forgot my camera.
here it is loaded up on the dolly
you can see the two wheel drive ram we had
thismorning after staying in a hotel overnight

finally home after about 30 hours (was supposed to take about 6-7)
parked next to the old ex waiting for the motor swap.

thought the car looked like it had been lowered so i looked at the suspension-kyb adjustables and tein

and picked this up for a few bucks while i was there
4-2-1 megan header
Last edited by ghskid06 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 am, edited 13 times in total.
By ghskid06
#237374 Thanks dude. The car is super clean. No honda rust at all. First things first, ive gotta swap the motor over. Ill
be doing little things like fixing small issues the car might have and touching up some paint. Then the plans will follow along as they were going to with the civic, primarily the turbo.

Edit: also the hood, going to have to paint it or something.
By chrono404
#237395 Looks like a clean sol. Im pumped to see updates. What engine you swapping in? d16z6?

Also thats alot of snow. It looks like if you opened the doors it would push snow out the way. Dang.
By ghskid06
chrono404 wrote:Looks like a clean sol. Im pumped to see updates. What engine you swapping in? d16z6?

Also thats alot of snow. It looks like if you opened the doors it would push snow out the way. Dang.

Thanks, so far it seems to be very clean. Esp for a mich car. The body only has like 110k miles. Yeah the z6 from the 4 door is going in. but the car had a b in it at some point. Amazed at how light and easy the car it to push around. Im looking forward to feeling the difference between it and the sedan.

Also yeah there was a few rough spots where we had snow up to the cab of the truck. We got stuck trying to go uphill on the highway and had to be pulled to the next exit. Before the tow arrived we almost plowed by several vehicles. Including a salt truck that managed to get sideways as he tried making it up the hill at high speed.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
pandapoo4u wrote:damn sounds like a journey but its worth it looks nice man take lots of pictures and keep us updated

Thanks man. Will do. Took a quick interior shot today, no updates yet just been busy strippong the civic.

Looks pretty clean, just needa some putting back together after the new stuff goes in.
By jayEGR
#237483 niicceeee finally another del sol thread to look upon and bring it to stock to hot :lol: cant wait to see whats gunna look like , keep us updated :thumb:
By ghskid06
#237556 me neither man. There are not enough del sols in this world. But that is part of the reason i got one.

everything besides the suspension and hood on this car is factory, that includes the guages, which show a redline of 8k. That must means it came with a b16, that makes it the vtec model?
By 1ACarlos
#237559 Car has potential. Looks clean.
By ghskid06
#237802 yeah, i think it was worth the trouble. Especially for the price. More pics coming in the next few days when it warms up enough to swap the motor.
By ghskid06
#238272 Car is running now. Have some minor prolems such as the shifter linkages not being the right length as well as not having an exhaust. Will post some more pics prob tom.

Another plus I found the stock honda radio inside the car as well as a 12 disk cd changer.

Had losts of dumb things to work out because the people who worked on the car before were extremely lazy about things.

Engine harness was a mess.
Had to repair a brake line also
Ill be doing a lot of touch up to the paint. Someone waisted no time masking.

Nice susp. Very stiff.

I think this is going to be a fun car. So far I am pleased. Just glad I got them car away from the dangerous people.
By ghskid06
#238756 Engine is in and almost everything is done. Used the exhaust off the four door just had to cut it down in a couple spots. right after the first hanger, about 6-7 inches; again past the wheel well hanger. Using the four door shifter as well, my first attempt at extending didnt go well today, I dont think ots strong enough to hold up for a period of time. So this weekend ill be getting some solid rolled steel and welding it into the inside diameter of the linkages. Other than that the car is ready to go, even bled the fluids today. Im super excited to drive this thing i cannot wait :thumb:

Engine bay before installing the last couple motor mounts and coolant overflow. It amazing how much room the engine bay has without power steering a/c and anti lock brakes.

before cutting the exhaust just measuring it up. You can see how much I needed to lose

Wont be able to make it back out to work on the car till the weekend.
Plans for that are as follows.
-shifter
-radio and speakers
-driver side door handle needs a little plastic clippy doo
-hopefully with time trim paint and remove overspray off of things

Also plans are already in the works to go back to stock color, which as you can see is that really nice blue.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.