Post YOUR Del Sol here
By chrono404
BLaCkSiLo wrote:dude, i don't know how i missed this ... i know you totaled the blue hatch, are you all recovered and everything from that?

question: how do you fit in the thing, is it comfortable? and i liked the old rotas i think better 8)

can't wait to see more progress, you going to go to the d-series meet in puyallup?

don't know when the d series meet is. It would be cool to go though.

how do I fit in it? Move the seat all the way to the back spot and then I fit in. It's quite compftable and surprisingly spacius.

I'm doing pretty good from the wreck. Go to a chiropractor 3 times a week and I'm good.

only part I need for the b20 swap is the rear t bracket, if I can't get my old ek linkage to not work then I will have to get new linkage to. Just got new axles today :)

2 of my friends sold their hondas, one a sick swapped ef wagon the other a b16 swapped ek hatch, and got delsols. One a 94 s and the other a 94 vtec. They should be posting their sols on the site soon. I have been hanging out with them so much recently, tons of pics coming soon, including some sick rolling shots.
By chrono404
#194546 Image

We are going to have tons more pics once we have more meets and cruises.

Quickly snapped these pics before we did our Cruise Yesterday.
In the Pic, The White Sol is the Base S Model, Next the Black Si Model, then a Red VTEC Model. :thumb:

By EricM
#194548 Very nice! Makes me a want a sol! :D
By Ajax1989
#194589 this pic

is :jerkbow:

looking good chrono
hella clean :thumb:
By BLaCkSiLo
chrono404 wrote:
BLaCkSiLo wrote:dude, i don't know how i missed this ... i know you totaled the blue hatch, are you all recovered and everything from that?

question: how do you fit in the thing, is it comfortable? and i liked the old rotas i think better 8)

can't wait to see more progress, you going to go to the d-series meet in puyallup?

don't know when the d series meet is. It would be cool to go though.

how do I fit in it? Move the seat all the way to the back spot and then I fit in. It's quite compftable and surprisingly spacius.

I'm doing pretty good from the wreck. Go to a chiropractor 3 times a week and I'm good.

only part I need for the b20 swap is the rear t bracket, if I can't get my old ek linkage to not work then I will have to get new linkage to. Just got new axles today :)

2 of my friends sold their hondas, one a sick swapped ef wagon the other a b16 swapped ek hatch, and got delsols. One a 94 s and the other a 94 vtec. They should be posting their sols on the site soon. I have been hanging out with them so much recently, tons of pics coming soon, including some sick rolling shots.

i like the shot of the 3 del sols... i think you are going to get the b20 in the car pretty fast, that is going to be crazy torquy in that even lighter sol?

the d-series meet is june 5th i think pretty close to where your at in puyallup.. i was thinking about coming up for it

love the progress, keep it up :thumb:
By 1updelsol
EricM wrote:Very nice! Makes me a want a sol! :D

Get one!!!!!

Chrono.. pics look dope!!

but you needa buy my rear cabin bar to set it off!! :wink:
By chrono404
1updelsol wrote:
EricM wrote:Very nice! Makes me a want a sol! :D

Get one!!!!!

Chrono.. pics look dope!!

but you needa buy my rear cabin bar to set it off!! :wink:

Thanks!

This Sol will have plenty of Carbon Fiber goodies coming after the B20 swap. I plan to have an OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hood, Carbon Fiber Targa(with paint matched sides) and a Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid. I LOVE the look of Black Cars w/ Kevlar Carbon Fiber(the black/grey cf, not the silver or green).

I also plan on making a Rear Defuser and Front Splitter out of Fiberglass and then layer of Carbon Fiber Kevlar leave ontop of it to make it match the rest of the car. Not only will help when I go to the Track or when I want to hit up the Mountain Roads, It Will also look Cool.

The Suspension is pretty much there, Camber kits are swapped over, lots of Nice Juicy Camber. The Car will soon be Powered by a Fresh JDM B20 with a Tight b16 transmission. With Power and Suspension Covered, It will be time to make the outside even nicer.

Only Interior Mods I plan are new Delsol Seats to replace my Torn ones, or s2000 Seats.

BLaCkSiLo wrote:i like the shot of the 3 del sols... i think you are going to get the b20 in the car pretty fast, that is going to be crazy torquy in that even lighter sol?

the d-series meet is june 5th i think pretty close to where your at in puyallup.. i was thinking about coming up for it

love the progress, keep it up :thumb:

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by your question though.

The Delsol is 26lbs heavier stock vs stock agiesnt my old EK. A Stock 1995 Delsol Si is 2414lbs, a 99 Civic Hatch DX(stock) is 2388. My old hatch was far from stock, however I'm sure not much heavier. The B20 pulled like crazy after it came back from speed factory, It should be very comparable in performance in the Delsol. However Since the Delsol handles so much better, The Delsol will be a much quicker car IMO.

It would be cool to go to the D Series Meet, However I plan on having my B20 in before June 5th. If I can get the Sol Squad to go up there I'll probably go. If you go I definitely have to go. Hopefully they wont hate on me much for having a B under the Hood.

As Mentioned in the thread, I have many plans left for the Delsol. Most are waiting until after the B20 Swap. Suspension and Performance hold the highest priority on this build. What cool is having a Cool looking car when a Rusted out hatch with a Turbo d15b7 leaves you looking your standing still? I should be good on this front for a while.

94_jdm_ferio wrote:this pic
[Delsol Rear View Angle]

is :jerkbow:

looking good chrono
hella clean :thumb:

Thanks! That pic was my favorite of the photos my friend took as well. I touched up the colors in photoshop before uploading that one.
By JordanXXX
#194955 Damn I'm just that good at takin the pictures of the sol squad?
By 1updelsol
#195247 my cabin bar makes a work of difference on those tight turns.. like freeway entrances are a breeze ...
let me know if you are interested in one..

there is a guy on www.teamsolcal.com selling a kevlar hood, trunk, and rear garnish right now.. sign up and take a look :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#195563 how far are ya in the b20 swap...just finished mine earlier this week...was my first swap but there was a few problems. The hardest was fitting it in x.x alot of lifting and lowering to wiggle it in. and for the shift linkage...take my advice just order one from hasport. i modded my bseries linkage that was in the eg coupe (which had the b20 in it) and it didnt work good...hardly hit first and 2nd was impossible. installed my linkage just today and can shift with one finger :woot: and FYI on power issue, dont expect much difference. it handles better imo, but the power isnt much different than it was in my eg. BUT! its still very peppy and id bank on it that i could beat the stock b16 in the vtec models. so slap a skunk2 TB and intake mani on and theres some HP...GL dude, took me forever but was first swap. sorry for typing so much, just noticed when i was doing mine not many people offered info lol. so again GL dude :thumb: keep me posted :P
By chrono404
fatcoupe wrote:how far are ya in the b20 swap...just finished mine earlier this week...was my first swap but there was a few problems. The hardest was fitting it in x.x alot of lifting and lowering to wiggle it in. and for the shift linkage...take my advice just order one from hasport. i modded my bseries linkage that was in the eg coupe (which had the b20 in it) and it didnt work good...hardly hit first and 2nd was impossible. installed my linkage just today and can shift with one finger :woot: and FYI on power issue, dont expect much difference. it handles better imo, but the power isnt much different than it was in my eg. BUT! its still very peppy and id bank on it that i could beat the stock b16 in the vtec models. so slap a skunk2 TB and intake mani on and theres some HP...GL dude, took me forever but was first swap. sorry for typing so much, just noticed when i was doing mine not many people offered info lol. so again GL dude :thumb: keep me posted :P

Thanks for the Info and GL. The Shift Linkage info is very useful. This thread will have tons of Pics during the swap. I'll let you know how it goes down.

I dont expect the B20 Delsol to be faster then my B20 EK in a straight line, I expect it on the track or the touge for it to be quicker as my Delsol has much better handling then the EK did. My EK First had a B16, I then swapped out the B16 for a B20 and it was night and day difference. This will stomp out the b16 powered Vtec Models.

I'm Waiting for my Del Sol VTEC Rear T Bracket to be shipped to my House. Once it gets here, I will pull the D16z6 out and drop the B20 into the bay. Everything else has been sourced and is sitting in my Uncles shop waiting to go in.

For my Shift Linkage I am going to use the Linkage from my EK with 2" Welded in. if it doesn't work as well as I Like, Then I will order a Delsol VTEC shift linkage from hassport.

The Stock Exhaust is coming out and being replaced with the Exhaust off my EK Hatch, I measured both and it should not need any modifying to fit in.

Next Update should be included with a picture of a Freshly pulled D16z6. :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#195677 well good on ya dude! gl and ya keep us posted...gonna go wash mine tonight and put a few more pics up here while shes looking clean...:P
By eg84dr
#195827 ok so this is a random question well rreally a few questions for you chrono
where did you get your jdm b20 from and is the b20z or the other one?
and i know u got the tranny from your b16 but whats a good price for a tranny to bolt up to the b20?
last how are u planning to fit the b20 in the sol isint the intake mani too tall?
just wondering cause iv been thinking about a b20 swap for a while
By chrono404
eg84dr wrote:ok so this is a random question well rreally a few questions for you chrono
where did you get your jdm b20 from and is the b20z or the other one?
and i know u got the tranny from your b16 but whats a good price for a tranny to bolt up to the b20?
last how are u planning to fit the b20 in the sol isint the intake mani too tall?
just wondering cause iv been thinking about a b20 swap for a while

The '99 Spec JDM B20b is the same as a USDM B20z, However will have less mileage on it given they are pulled at 30k over there. I used a local import shop.

The B20z/'99 B20b has a short intake manifold just like the B18b. I already had this engine in my EK Hatch. It wont have issues fitting under the Delsol Hood Either.

Local prices on Craigslist have B16 Transmissions going for $500USD Used, however they will all have grinding gears and issues.

B20 has tons of torque and when it was in my hatch when I got on it It pushed me back into my seats. Also when I shifted I had to be ready to grab the next gear. It was awesome. I think a B20Z/99 Spec JDM B20b matched to a B16 or ITR Transmission will be the quickest accelerating stock B Series you can get your hands on.

My Rear T Bracket should be here tomorrow Morning, This Weekend the z6 is coming out. I'm Super Pumped for this Swap. :thumb:
By chrono404
#196799 Image
Sol Squad Vinyl I designed in Photoshop then had cut out at Work. The Sol Squad consists of Me, Justinleexxx, and Jordanxxx.

Started the JDM B20 Swap today. Car is currently sitting with the B Series Shift Linkage Installed, No Exhaust and no engine in the bay waiting for the B20 to sit in.

Last Picture of D16z6 In the Bay:

Empty Bay:

B20 and D16 side by side ready to move electronics and wiring harnesses over.

Misc Picture: Freshly Pulled D16z6, 99 Spec JDM B20b, Dead D16z6 and Smokey D15b7(Bad valve guides), And a Torn apart EX transmission. Lol