Post YOUR Del Sol here
By chrono404
#198338 Image

Got everything hooked up, fluids topped off, Car set back on the ground. Turned the Key. and Nothing. Turned out to be the Starter wasn't fully hooked up, the small wire came unplugged.

After that it would crank over, it had spark but wouldn't turn on. Checked timing, made sure that plug wires where in correctly. Then I smelt what smelt like burn't electronics from the dizzy. took it off and opened it up and found this:

The Picture doesn't do justice. Everything is corroded. I am surprised this ran in my Ek. I took everything out and saw what look like something shorting out ageist the case. I cleaned everything up and will be putting d15b7 dizzy internals into the obd2 b20 case. I was called into work and to stop my project early otherwise I would be finished swapping the electronics over.

Will have more updates most likely later tonight when I get off work swapping the dizzy guts.
By chrono404
#198741 As above mentioned the b20b dizzy died, So I swapped all of the d15b7 dizzy guts to its case and it ran however was way retarded.

After further daignois, I noticed the B Series and D Series center shafts are different and everything else looked the same. So I put the B20b center shaft back in, then the d15b7 obd1 stuffed around it. Put it back in the B20 and She fired right to life.

The Del20 is running awesome and pulls like a champ. Its a huge power difference bewteen this and the d15b7 and cx tranny i was driving before.
By eg_turbo_hatch
#198788 good to hear its all up and running got any pics of the completed swap
By chrono404
#198904 Image

Yesterday there was a D Series meet in Puyallip, So me and the Sol Squad met with BlackSiLo and his crew coming from Oregon and went to the meet. It was pretty cool. Thought about putting a sticky note with "ZC" or "D16A1" on over my B20b stamp. however didn't. They where a cool bunch and didn't care I was rocking a B Series.

In Preparation for the event, I used flat black spray paint on the valve cover. It will be getting a wrinkle finish black job soon.

Power steering pump is just sitting there, Didn't make a mount before I left my uncles shop. Its currently not hooked up.
By 92egdxhatch
#198928 How's she pull? More fun than the ek?
By BLaCkSiLo
#198937 i had a fun day yesterday.. we had a little bbq at chris' place afterwards and it was good seeing you and your crew. did you tighten those strut nuts? amd let us know how that power steering works out.

:thumb:
By 1updelsol
#199298 nice..
glad it worked out :thumb:
By jayEGR
#199346 iam so jelious man i want a b20....opps cant say that out loud my d series boy might get mad lol j/k but shits bad ass man espically havin other people u know wit del sols i think there sexy as fuck :thumb:
By chrono404
92egdxhatch wrote:How's she pull? More fun than the ek?

It pulls like a Beast. I dont even have to be at 3/4 throttle to pull away from my Friends b16 Delsol Vtec. I almost never drive at Full Throttle, Even when Driving fast, Or on the Touge, Theres no need.

The Handling on this is much much better then the Ek, So that makes for a much funner car.

BLaCkSiLo wrote:i had a fun day yesterday.. we had a little bbq at chris' place afterwards and it was good seeing you and your crew. did you tighten those strut nuts? amd let us know how that power steering works out.

:thumb:

I will keep you guys filled on how we do the power steering. I'm Glad you have a good time when you came up to the D Series Meet. Hope it was worth the long drive. :thumb:

1updelsol wrote:nice..
glad it worked out :thumb:

Thanks!

jayEGR wrote:iam so jelious man i want a b20....opps cant say that out loud my d series boy might get mad lol j/k but shits bad ass man espically havin other people u know wit del sols i think there sexy as fuck :thumb:

Lol Some D Series guys are anti B's. I have driven tons of fast D Series, Bulit N/A, z6, Built Turbo z6's, and of course my Old Nitrous z6. and They dont have the same kick as a B Series. Well the Nitrous and Turbo z6's where more fun then my B16. They dont have the same epic sound, However where more fun to drive.

The B20 Trumps them all, Its awesome for Daily Driving. I rarely go over 3k rpm's in Daily driving. 1500-2500 rpms fell awesome for Daily driving. When I want to go faster i just push the gas peddle down and its off like a rocket. I love it.

I would highly recommend the B20 non-vtec and B16 Transmission combo to anyone, Well anyone who doesn't do tons of freeway commuting. It Brought my Delsol to life. :thumb:

I was planning on working on a Front splitter and my Rear Diffuser today, However as per Normal Washington weather, its Dumping down rain. In the Next few weeks I should be making those and installing them.

I will also have the Exhaust Shop be taking 11 3/4 Inches out of my Ek exhaust and fitting it into the Delsol. This is somewhat a Prerequisite of my Rear Diffuser as I need to fit around the rear muffler.
By Ajax1989
#199504 what are you gonna make the front spilter out of??

im instersed in seein the spilter and rear defuser

oh hella nice job doin the swap!
By chrono404
94_jdm_ferio wrote:what are you gonna make the front spilter out of??

im instersed in seein the spilter and rear defuser

oh hella nice job doin the swap!

Thanks.

I was going to make them out of aluminum, However I read that it flexes so you need a rigid underlayer such as fiber glass. I decided to make my templates with cardboard, then put 2-3 layers of fiber glass on top of that, then possibly a final layer of carbon fiber weave. I havn't made up the last layer.

Once I get a nice day I will jack up the car, start making templates and makinig my under body aero dynamics.

I also want to a full under body plate, I was thinking of putting in naca air ducts to cool the brakes in non-downforce creating areas. I will have tons of pics when done.
By Ajax1989
#199509 thats sick, i can only imagin how well she is gonna handle

and maybe if the front spliter comes out good, i could pay you to make one for my sedan.. i think they look better then lips :thumb:
By n0safebetdx
#199528 I really really really do not have a love for del sols...but for some reason yours and the other two make me want one hahah :)

SUPER clean great job :) Loveeee it!
By chrono404
#200908 Thanks for the positive comments guys!

On Wedesday I Had a Muffler Shop modify my EK hatch exhaust to fit onto the Delsol.

I Currently have the header going into a stock Cat, Which will be replaced by a High Flow Version soon, into 2.5" Exhaust all the way to a Nicely Tucked Turbo Muffler.

Since the Exhaust work is done, I will be making Prototypes of my Rear Diffuser and Front Splitter This Weekend. Will have pics of the progress on this.

I have had 5600K HID's in my Delsol Stock Headlights for a while. I also painted my Center "Fog"/Aux Lights with a Translucent Amber Paint so that it glows more amber/yellow. However when the lights off the housing is clear.