Post YOUR Del Sol here
By chrono404
1updelsol wrote:cup holders inside the center cubby.. open the lid and pull them down from the bottom of the lid :thumb: they actually work great.. unless you buy a $1.00 arizona from 7-11.. lol

ill post a pic later if you cant find it..

Thanks, found it.

Dropped the sol last night and put my Rotas on it.

Car rides much better then with stock suspension. The Stock suspension had brand new struts and was surprisingly harsh. The Aftermarket Tokico Blues and Unknown coils ride so much nicer.

I will be playing with ride height and rolling fenders soon.

@1updelsol
I Doubt I will come to vega's, Super long drive down and tons that need to be done before its show worthy.

@blk92hb
I have thought about using S2k seats. If I can get a good deal on a pair then I will rock them.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments.
By 3kkl3sia
#190002 Looks good. Amazing how a drop and rims can make a car look so much better. Body is straight. If you dont mind me asking, how much did ya pick her up for?

I looked but didn't see if you posted it
By chrono404
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:nice sol FTW glad to hear things are going better after your loss......

but anyhow thats something you dont see very often a stock car lol....very nice sol.....its awesome when the whole windows sides and rear go down and the targa top is gone woot!

Thanks, I wasn't looking for a Delsol when I found this. I was looking at EP3's(02-05 Civic Si) and 99-00 EX Sedans. When I came across this gem I had to get it.

Today was Sunny and decently warm. So off came the top, Put armor all on the seals and drove around and hung out with my Friends that didn't see the Del Sol yet.

Dippin_EG wrote:Great find Chrono! I would definitely just rock the hell out of that d16... that may just be me though :?

looks hella clean for the mileage it has :thumb:

Thanks! All of my friends have been telling me they are surprised about how clean it is for as many miles it has.

The D16Z6 is a good solid little engine. And with my Current suspension setup is fun to play with. However Coming from my Fresh 99Spec B20b and Super Mint B16 Transmission, The D16z6 is slow. It also has a small oilleak and burns a little oil.

Becouse of all the above factors I am going to order B Series Delsol Mounts and a B Series Delsol Shift Linkage and swap in my B20. I'm Pretty sure I didn't even put 300 miles on my B20 before my hatch was T-boned.

3kkl3sia wrote:Looks good. Amazing how a drop and rims can make a car look so much better. Body is straight. If you dont mind me asking, how much did ya pick her up for?

I looked but didn't see if you posted it

Thanks, I'm also surprised about how well it looks with only a drop and new rims.

I bought it from a dealership, They wanted $7300 for it, I got it for $4500 out the door, all taxes and licensing paid. As mint as the Sol is I think i did pretty good.
By 92egdxhatch
#190092 looks very good :thumb:
By Carfanatic
robster wrote:Great find man and it looks much better withe lowering an white wheels! :thumb:

Why is there a EUDM tailgate those US sols had those licensplate fillers as i remember!?

he does not have a EDM tail gate, we got the foglight inside :wink: and he does not.

Good looking Del sol bro :thumb:
By Dippin_EG
#190123 The rota's look fresh as a muuu-fucka maynge! I can already tell this was a good choice, its lookin bomb already! :thumb: 8)
By 1updelsol
#190824 why roll the fenders? my car was sitting on a 3.5 drop and it tucked nice in the wheel wells... just get smaller tires, i heard ek's run bigger tire sizes anyways right?
By {ikon}EM1
#190830 Man that's a good find!!!!! :thumb:
Its good to hear that ur doing well... r u going to convert the front end to ur 99 spec ek frount???
By chrono404
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Man that's a good find!!!!! :thumb:
Its good to hear that ur doing well... r u going to convert the front end to ur 99 spec ek frount???

Nope. Leaving it all Delsol. I mentioned above I Will NOT be doing a front end conversion. The 99-00 EK Front clip looks good on Delsol's. However I'm not going down that path.

Yesterday was a Sunny Day. Therefore pics!

I had an Extra D16z6 valve Cover sitting around so I painted it Wrinkle Finish Black and put it on the Sol

Dippin_EG wrote:The rota's look fresh as a muuu-fucka maynge! I can already tell this was a good choice, its lookin bomb already! :thumb: 8)

It looks good on these rims, But I do want new one. I want either Drag DR-31's, Rota Torque's in Bronze, or Polished GSR Blades. I will most likely be getting new rims after my B20 Swap.
By chrono404
#192722 Image

Sucky Picture I know.

Tired of the 16" Rotas rubbing I swapped out my Rotas for the 15" Bronze Quantem Tek Rims I had my Blue Sedan sitting on. I also lowered the car alittle bit more.

My B20 Swap is coming soon. I have my Mounts, Need to get a few OBD1 Electronics and some Delsol Vtec Shift Linkage then the B20's going in.

Its been awesome weather recently. I've been doing tons of driving around and hitting up local roads. The Delsol handles so much better then the EK Hatch did. Probably because of its sway bars. Maybe its more Rigid because of the Targa Top? Not sure but its a blast to drive.

I've Also made an exact clone of what this will be in Forza3 and have been playing with suspension setups. Pretty sure a 15mm Rear sway bar will be going on the delsol. I love just a hint of oversteer. :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#192813 looks hella better wit the bronze rims :thumb:
By BLaCkSiLo
#194291 dude, i don't know how i missed this ... i know you totaled the blue hatch, are you all recovered and everything from that?

question: how do you fit in the thing, is it comfortable? and i liked the old rotas i think better 8)

can't wait to see more progress, you going to go to the d-series meet in puyallup?