Post YOUR Del Sol here
By chrono404
familyEGuy23 wrote:Doing work on the sol :thumb: make it look easy
dude and this pic ^^^ clean spec on wheels?

Wheel Specs:
Rota JSPL 16"x7" +40 Offset.
Honda Odyssey Center Caps
195/40 r16 BF Goodrich geForce Sport (in front)
195/40 r16 Toyo Proxies 4 (in back)

I do have front and back camber kits, I plan on rolling my fenders and getting a more flush look in the future.

Punksz6 wrote:That pics hella Nice!! :thumb:

Thanks, I love it too. I will have some more sick pictures in a few days and hopefully will enter ROTM in June.

BLaCkSiLo wrote:
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Question... y did u use a gsr water pump and oil pump???

The reason y im asking is because I have the same motor with gsr head... should I do the same just to play it safe???

Because you when spin higher Rpms with the engine, the water pump spins slower to reduce cavitation where the water "bubbles". Since he is planning on doing something with the head we will just have to see :)

BlaCkSiLo hit the nail on the head. If you went b20vtec and want your engine to last you will want to put on a GSR Waterpump and timing belt. The B20 block already has a vtec oil pump on it. I just wanted to swap it out for a newer one.

Later today I'm headed for PR for the opening track day. I will hope to get some pictures and time slips for the 1320.
By {ikon}EM1
#255769 Thanks for letting me know that... ill get on that asap...

In that case should I get a type r water pump or is it the same as a gsr water pump???
By jayEGR
#255824 wow you been puttin some work in chrono nice work , but i would love to see you go for ride of the month , and b20 are the shit :thumb:
By chrono404
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Thanks for letting me know that... ill get on that asap...

In that case should I get a type r water pump or is it the same as a gsr water pump???

Just get a GSR Waterpump. Its the same thing.

jayEGR wrote:wow you been puttin some work in chrono nice work , but i would love to see you go for ride of the month , and b20 are the shit :thumb:

Thanks, I plan on doing ROTM next month. I love my B20

Waiting in Stage lanes, haha

Results of my Trackday:
Passes 1-4 I tried launching at different revs to find a good point
Pass 1: 16.389
Pass 2: 16.396
Pass 3: 16.359
Pass 4: 16.383
Pass 5-7 Got the right launch down.
Pass 5: 15.655 R/T - .008
Pass 6: 15.895 **to much gas, lol
Pass 7: 15.789

I have videos of all 7 Passes, however #5's was the best so here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Yr7WQjDCw
By ghskid06
#255903 nice dude. im loving those wheels. Never, ever change them.

Youll definitely get rotm
By chrono404
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Good job chrono... putting them nissan boys to shame lol...

:thumb:

Thanks, although the nissan got a 14.305 @99.23 to my 15.655 @87.14. So technically he won although I got a much better .008 R/T to his .476 R/T. It does look like I win in the video but if you look at the other time board you can kinda make out a 14.

ghskid06 wrote:nice dude. im loving those wheels. Never, ever change them.

Youll definitely get rotm

Thanks. I will be hanging on to these wheels for a good while. I might get an additional set for track days but I will hang on to these for daily driving.
By Punksz6
#255912 Nice Run! :thumb:
By Cl9junky
chrono404 wrote:Results of my Trackday:
Passes 1-4 I tried launching at different revs to find a good point
Pass 1: 16.389
Pass 2: 16.396
Pass 3: 16.359
Pass 4: 16.383
Pass 5-7 Got the right launch down.
Pass 5: 15.655 R/T - .008
Pass 6: 15.895 **to much gas, lol
Pass 7: 15.789

Showing some skills huh. Good passes and nice video :thumb:
By jayEGR
#255965 :hehe: nice run well applied i like your other video to del sol nights , thst a bad as video as well :thumb: hopefully one day i can get on the track and do some launching skills
By familyEGuy23
chrono404 wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:Doing work on the sol :thumb: make it look easy
dude and this pic ^^^ clean spec on wheels?

Wheel Specs:
Rota JSPL 16"x7" +40 Offset.
Honda Odyssey Center Caps
195/40 r16 BF Goodrich geForce Sport (in front)
195/40 r16 Toyo Proxies 4 (in back)

I do have front and back camber kits, I plan on rolling my fenders and getting a more flush look in the future.

nice never seen those rotas i was looking for a tire size for my 16" slips cuz the ones i have now rub

And laying it down at the track :thumb: just wondering how much mpg do you get on your sol?

I agree go for ROTM :hehe:
By chrono404
JUICE wrote:time for another "kit" like you had on the Z6 :twisted:

and ya, treein' noobs is always fun :lol: good shit man

:hehe:

I had a blast, This wont be my last time to the drag strip this summer, Need more grip though.

jayEGR wrote::hehe: nice run well applied i like your other video to del sol nights , thst a bad as video as well :thumb: hopefully one day i can get on the track and do some launching skills

Thanks, I plan on doing more creative videos later this summer, I have more footage to edit that from. This is going to be a fun/productive summer.

I had a Blast at the 1/4. I'm more of a Circuit racer but I still love doing some Drag. Once you get your launch and RT's just right Drag is awesome.

familyEGuy23 wrote:
chrono404 wrote:wheel specs, blah blah

nice never seen those rotas i was looking for a tire size for my 16" slips cuz the ones i have now rub

And laying it down at the track :thumb: just wondering how much mpg do you get on your sol?

I agree go for ROTM :hehe:

I love my Rotas. They did rub when I first swapped them onto my sol. My Camber kit stopped that.

My Delsol gets 19-20mpg. However to be fair it only gets taken out on nice days for some "Sprited" Driving and to go play on the Track. If it was Daily Driven it might get better.
By chrono404
familyEGuy23 wrote:Love your sol dude don't know why they call them del slow :? The b series has crossed my mind

They are called "Del Slows" as they are pretty slow unless swapped, even with B16's.

If you get a b series thats not a b16 matched to a gsr or b16 tranny you will have a peppy delsol.

I Appreciate the kinds works about my sol.