Post YOUR Del Sol here
By LaMbErT*
#143338 actually not the most hideous thing ive ever seen and how wasted were use ? :P
By the ghoul
LaMbErT* wrote:actually not the most hideous thing ive ever seen and how wasted were use ? :P

hey thanks,
yeah when i showed up to pick up that bumper i was mega worried.. thing is waaaaay more agressive looking than i like, but the side skirts and bumper skirt really toans it down...
fenders have got to go tho...
i dont like the looks of that civic body line leading into the delsol door :thumbdown:
bummer... put alot of work into those, but they just ant right...
going to do the v2 tonight and tomorrow on them...
yeah about how wasted....
I remember spraying the rear bumper... why we started with the rear bumper and not the roof... i still dont know.
after that blank..
wife wasnt pissed off this morning and i apparently showered last night before bed so im assuming i made it in under my own power....
ive just now had my first bit of solid food all day and kept it down....

fun
By LaMbErT*
#143365 ahahaa that is funny shit it woulda been hilarious gettin a vid of u 2 sprayin it :P
By Punksz6
#143396 Nice work this Sol!! It will be Awesome when done!! :D
By the ghoul
#143537 yesterday i skipped the body work and jumped into installing the saab 38 trim garret

the exhaust flange was clocked about 20 degrees from the last one, so i had to cut apart the down pipe again, also had to weld in the wide band O2 bung and pipe the external waste gate ventings into the down pipe so rotating that one flange was no biggy.

well all that being done,

i installed the turbo kit again, poped in the boost chip, wired up the wide band gauge and hit the streets for a little tweaking (only had about 30mins for that).

so far what i saw was good, no matter what i threw at it i didnt see it build over 6psi,and never saw it go lean. Thats right where i want to be with it right now.

I still dont trust the waste gate so im keeping a close eye on it till i get a new one.

after i get her cleaned up this afternoon ill post up some more pics
By the ghoul
#143725 well, today was a world of fail!
i freeway tested it today and got massive boost creep (up to 10 psi) still not 100% on the waste gate.
i decided to install my cheap ass coil over cans (just to play around with ride height so i can order the right springs the first time).
I ended up pulling the bearings out of the transmission side of the cv shaft *dooooohhhhhhh!* never did that before!
well it took forever to get those back in place and get the can on, then i moved to the back and discovered the nut was sleazed to the strut shaft...
i decided F that, i need new cv shafts any way, i might as well hold off on it till im ready to buy new struts as well and just do it all as one shot....
on the plus side, she is starting to look damn good
By PandaHatch
#143737 NICE WORK...NOT A HUGE FAN OF THE KIT BUT EACH IS TOO THERE OWN. I DO LIKE THAT CONVERSION . SORRY BOUT CAPS..2 LAZY 2 CHANGE... :thumb:
By JUICE
#143742 sorry the body kit kills it for me....

del sols are already kinda heavy for their size anyway. REDUCING weight FTW! not adding it :roll:
By the ghoul
alldatJUICE wrote:sorry the body kit kills it for me....

del sols are already kinda heavy for their size anyway. REDUCING weight FTW! not adding it :roll:

i doubt 10lbs is going to kill it... :lol:
i think i can shave that much weight by knocking the rust out of the fenders!

Nah i admit the front bumper is just ridiculous, but thats the best one i found in my area cheap. so ill run it for now, and for winter when i get a new one.
idk
side skirts arnt my style but free is free, and they definitely make the bumper look less out of place
im starting to really like the rear bit tho
i normally hate bumper add ons but that one looks good to me.
By LaMbErT*
#143844 like every1 says and even yourself it could do with cleaner exterior parts lol shit bout the cv's man i hate finding problems :P Hope it all goes a bit better for you soon :thumb:
By the ghoul
LaMbErT* wrote:like every1 says and even yourself it could do with cleaner exterior parts lol shit bout the cv's man i hate finding problems :P Hope it all goes a bit better for you soon :thumb:

yeah, thats all winter gear so im not too worrried about it.
at least i was able to get that cv back together.
I knew they were on there last legs (boots on outter cv's were split from day one) and i have about 50 miles on the newest repair so far with no issues.
so i have a feeling next pay check ill pick up the new cv's
paycheck after KYB GR2 struts
paycheck after that some drop springs (dont even feel like dealing with those crappy bouncy cans)
and install with the energy suspension bushings all around....
By PandaHatch
#143928 Damn im going to have to wait all winter before I can see it without the bodykit front bumper.
By the ghoul
PandaHatch wrote:Damn im going to have to wait all winter before I can see it without the bodykit front bumper.

no
your going to have to wait all winter before you can see it with a better looking bodykit front bumper! :lol:
there are plenty of people running the stock civic SI bumpers with lips running around.. i feel i can get away with something a little more agressive!!!

arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!
Im just going to change the name of this to i-fail!
connected the coolant lines to the turbo last night and every damn thing i could find write up wise said either buypass the throttle body or buy some ones kit (puts taps on the front side of the block, and the radiator)
I decided to do the TB bypass (low buck)
than last night i realized i was at about 2k at idle...
doing some research today i see that what i bypassed was the fast idle control valve (i thought it was some TB gate valve that let coolant in when the engine was cold)....
up side here is i found a good write up on how to clean it out to fix the idle bounce i have....
Then
i backed the car up a little bit and noticed a bigger than normal spot on the drive way (normally the car leaks about a quarter size spot on the drive from some one tapping the block incorrectly from a previously installed turbo kit) This morning it was about the size of a basket ball! spot was located under the crank pulley-ish area
only thing i can figgure is because i was too lazy to rigg up a cheap catch can (didnt think id need on for 5psi) she is either
A) forcing oil out of the seals (most likely front main due to location of the spot)
B) forced the front main seal out of place
c) blew out the little black box on the back side of the block (pcv connects to)
D) oil drain or turbo oil feed lines are actually leaking
because the car smoked from under the hood this morning (while it was warming up and i was poking around to see if i could see the oil leak) and the smoke looked like it was coming from the drivers side firewall-ish area, and there isnt massive oil loss (indicating front main seal popping out) im thinking the breather box is the likely culprit..

ah well bit of good news tho
speed industries should have my waste gate today so i can finally tune her in (if i figure out the oil issue)
By LaMbErT*
#144110 oh man ur havin a few probs with this hope all goes well soon!