Post YOUR Sedan here
By White-eg8-girl
#132254 I guess if I have something thats a HUGE situation then Ill put it in the right spot.

It's a POS. 3/4ths of the time it wont open up when i push the button. But I've been dealing with my deck doing this for like 2 months or so. It's quite annoying.

But it dont seem like something I should be asking for help with. It's simple, plugs and wires go where they should and it works.
By White-eg8-girl
egsedanguy wrote:check to make sure your remote wire on the back of the deck make sure its hooked to the remote output and not the power antenna....

I know youre gunna be lmao but, I honestly dont know which things are what back there. :?

The only things that dont have anything hooked to them are the R ch and L ch? What are those?
By Boban
#132257 i had a similar problem with my stereo, turned out my amp was faulty, one of the terminals where the wires for the sub/speakers go was loose
By Ajax1989
#132259 The remote wire shold be the small wire next to your ground and power on the amp
it should be blue

the L nd the R are the rca cables
By Boban
#132262 i just noticed everyone that replied in this thread is a member of the white sedan

and pics would help eg girl
By egsedanguy
Boban wrote:i had a similar problem with my stereo, turned out my amp was faulty, one of the terminals where the wires for the sub/speakers go was loose

yes this is very common problem.

and the remote wires should be labled. but it would most likely be the blue wire from the deck. ther might be 2 of them. 1 is for power antenna and the other is remote...
By egsedanguy
Boban wrote:i just noticed everyone that replied in this thread is a member of the white sedan

and pics would help eg girl

thats why we are better than the rest....white sedans ftw :thumb:
By Boban
#132273 wait, wasn't the KKK all white too :x

nah JKs

Back on topic, if the remote for the stereo as connected to the antenna wire instead of the remote wire, the amp would turn on only when the radio was on and not the CD payer, but it would still work w/out cutting in or out. Like ppl said could be a loose wire somewhere, best is to get a multimeter or test light and check your power cables when the stereo is on to see if they are being interrupted. If the +ve and -ve are good, check your remote (should be blue) but it can be pink if you prefer that and finally check your rcas, i did that and they all checked out so i started playing with the sub wires after that and ound out i had a loose terminal.

What kind of amp are you using, 2ch or 4ch. try un-bridging your sub and just running it off the right or left terminal
By White-eg8-girl
#132333 Just got home from work and Im gunna be working on that stereo situation in the afternoon.

Thank you all for being so helpful even though I know nothing at all about this stuff.

I'll take pics and maybe we can get this figured out! :thumb:
By White-eg8-girl
#132453 I did. :D

Yesterday when I was out there messin with stuff apparently I unplugged my ipod hookup, but I pulled the deck out and got those back together.

Then ventured to the trunk and what do you know, two of the wires from the amp to the sub box werent hooked up. Easy fix.

The wires were all hooked up last time I checked; sorry for being click happy. & typing before doing.
My bad guys.
By Ajax1989
#132454 its all good
we all make mistakes!

good thing you got it fixed :thumb:
By White-eg8-girl
#132455 Im glad too, I like my bass.
:)

Tonight Im going to hopfully see if I can drop by car a little lower. It's on adj coil overs, so we will see.

I really want to get some white 15s, so it can go lower.
But, IDK anyone whos gunna want to trade their 15s for 17s. hahaha
By Ajax1989
#132456 theres ppl out there that will trade
put it them on craisglist
By White-eg8-girl
#132459 I think one of them has a slightly bent rim cause there is a leak and I gotta put air in every few days. :thumbdown:

I could do it just to see.