Post YOUR Sedan here
By red_ferio
#339439 Hey fellow Civic EG members!

To start off, this is my first eg. I've owned a Milano Red 99 Civic coupe and a Silver 96 Civic hatch. I've owned other cars as well, but this is a Honda forum, who cares. :)

Now to the subject! I am the proud new owner of a swapped 93 eg8! I recently purchased the vehicle and it sure did it come with goodies.

Exterior

- glass housed retrofitted headlights black (The Retrofit Source)
- amber corners
- carbon fiber hood (needs recleared)
- extended lug studs in the front
- 96-00 side skirts
- debadged
- steelies, yes, steelies Lol
- JDM fogs (not connected)
- OEM front lip

Engine

- B16A
- AEM Intake
- Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
- 4-2-1 Header
- Apex'i N1 Catback
- Partial wire tuck
- Tuned on Crome
- Battery relocation

Suspension

- KYB Shocks
- Eibach Springs
- Type-R Strut Tower Bar (front)

Interior

- S2000 seats
- rear seats and door panels reupholstered in black leather
- extended arm rest
- JDM gauge cluster, km/h in the US.. The first ride involved a lot of calculating. Lol
- Gathers speakers front and back
- JDM SiR steering wheel
- Mugen shift knob

There's a lot done to the vehicle, but i plan on making it my own. my sum for the vehicle is comfort with a little fun. So here's a list of future mods.

- paint gray panels satin black
- restore black moldings and trim
- hx wheels, a must! If someone has a clean set and is close by.. Let me know! :)
- retune the vehicle on Hondata
- extended lug studs for the rear
- paint replacement rear bumper
- respray the car
- paint the calipers
- get a simple multimedia headunit (AUX/USB)
- cupholders
- custom fabricate the center console
- new trunk board and liner
- stream clean carpet
- new floor mats
- maybe a small turbo setup for the extra torque, maybe. The Evo has me a little spoiled.

So there's my list for what's to come. I would like to complete the paint work first, but i lack the space of a heated garage to work in. I'll post pics up of the car when i get the chance. It's been pretty snowy the past few days.
By red_ferio
#339451 Haven't found space to put my summer wheels for the Evo, so it stays there for now! Lol
By whiteEG
#339456 I like the way you did your headlights. Ive been looking for something similar. Did you make em yourself or did you buy them that way?
By red_ferio
#339457 It came with the car, but it was a project I had planned for in case it want part of the sale. It's a fairly easy diy though. It's a Morimoto kit fabricated into some eBay glass housing headlights. The reflectors were stripped and painted.
By red_ferio
#339467 Thanks man!

My next plans for the eg is to black out the interior. Give it a nice satin black. I'm trying to really give it a comfortable, classy look. The next thing on the agenda is to get some wheels, preferably hx, but the drag-16's look just fine. Then a good respray will compete that portion of the plans.

I have a problem with my fuel gauge that seems to stop reading at 1/4 tank. I'll probably be fixing that soon too. Any major engine work will be postponed until then. The motor runs really good right now soit's the least of my worries.
By Axix23
#339511 Man, great car to start with! I am jealous.
By red_ferio
#339513 Yeah, I'd like to build my own, but when so much I'd there with still a lot to do.. Who can resist?
By Axix23
#339536 I love your seats and gauges. Wheels will def set it off.
By red_ferio
#339563 *UPDATE*

Had to clean up the existing alarm wiring.

Before

After

Much better! I just about died when I saw what was underneath!
By red_ferio
#341464 It's been a while since I've been able to get back to doing anything to and for the car, but now I can take steps again.

First and foremost was the wheel situation. My first choice was to grab Axix' awesome wheels, but I found some bmw bottle caps that will need work, but were really cheap, $50!

I'm going to have to strip them down pretty good. The metal finish is coping away and there is some caked up brake dust and whatever on them. My question right now is, with such significant wear on the wheels, would it be best to use aircraft paint stripper or have a shop strip it with their acid dips? I'm trying not to spend too much to achieve a smooth enough surface for me to refinish the wheels. Any feedback or insight would be great.
By juls1488
red_ferio wrote:It's been a while since I've been able to get back to doing anything to and for the car, but now I can take steps again.

First and foremost was the wheel situation. My first choice was to grab Axix' awesome wheels, but I found some bmw bottle caps that will need work, but were really cheap, $50!

I'm going to have to strip them down pretty good. The metal finish is coping away and there is some caked up brake dust and whatever on them. My question right now is, with such significant wear on the wheels, would it be best to use aircraft paint stripper or have a shop strip it with their acid dips? I'm trying not to spend too much to achieve a smooth enough surface for me to refinish the wheels. Any feedback or insight would be great.

aircraft stripper will work just fine, unless there is some serious curb rash, or heavy pitting in the metal. i recently used some over the summer to remove 7 coats of paint from some classic enkeis. took several applications but brought it right down to the bare metal.
i think teal_dx has a diy for that somewhere actually.
nace snag for 50$. bottlecaps look awesome on civics. if they made them in 4x114 id rock a set.
:thumb:
By Axix23
#341471 awesome, post some pics of the process of you redoing the wheels man! :thumb:
By Andre3th0u
#341476 Nice man. I like the interior, especially those door inserts. But if youre looking for a simple aux/usb stereo. I have a kenwood kdc-452u its simple not a lot of buttons and can read usb and use aux and its a really good price at sonicelectronix.com my go to site on car audio