Post YOUR Sedan here
By Uknterror
Loaf31 wrote:Nice progress! Good luck to ya! :D :)

Thanks bud, I hope everything turns ok lol

juls1488 wrote:nice!
sounds beastly :thumb:

Yea but its stock cams, so its not supposed to sound like that, a combination of not being tuned and a "big" turbo makes it sound like that. So I'm told lol

My tuner is booooooooked :( so I'm stuck waiting for a spot to open, in the meantime I need to get the exhaust and dump tube situated anyway. Also need to wire the factory o2 harness, for some reason its missing on my factory ls harness. I need this because the tunerview II utilizes the factory signal for o2 and gives a wideband readout.
By juls1488
Uknterror wrote:Yea but its stock cams, so its not supposed to sound like that, a combination of not being tuned and a "big" turbo makes it sound like that. So I'm told lol

wow, that sounds really lumpy for stock cams.
hopefully a spot opens up at your tuners and he can get you in.
in for more :thumb:
By Uknterror
#345247 So some major updates. Meatloaf (my cars name now) is up and running strong! Have some suspension and minor issues to be addressed but she running good.
By Uknterror
#345264 Have about 1500 more rpm to go, need to upgrade to 44mm, had to bypass bbg because the wastegate spring is 20psi and we cant control it. 8500rpm it starts to creep to 26psi and have to back off. Minor set backs. For now this will do lol

By Uknterror
#345435 So after my second pass at the track this happened.....

Thankfully nothing for messed up, was able to apply loctite (Like I was supposed to in the first place but was told otherwise) and tq em back down, everything is good so far.

Played around a little to get used to the car (fastest fwd car Ive driven) its really fun but I'm in need of suspension bad! The Front lca bushings are trashed almost, bad enough that I was all over the track and came close to either hitting the wall or going in the middle.
By Uknterror
#345702 Everything was going smoothly until a few days ago. Started off with the rotor button bolt coming out and giving me issues with misfire that progressively got worse (after chasing down that problem). So after that car started to run really poorly (chasing more problems, wasting time) found out timing somehow is off by 2 teeth, havent reset timing yet (pretty sure this is the issue). My question is how does that happen? Weak tensioner? used but came off car with documented 40k miles. Aftermarket timing belt? Worn cam gears?
By juls1488
Uknterror wrote:Everything was going smoothly until a few days ago. Started off with the rotor button bolt coming out and giving me issues with misfire that progressively got worse (after chasing down that problem). So after that car started to run really poorly (chasing more problems, wasting time) found out timing somehow is off by 2 teeth, havent reset timing yet (pretty sure this is the issue). My question is how does that happen? Weak tensioner? used but came off car with documented 40k miles. Aftermarket timing belt? Worn cam gears?

what brand belt did you use?
i would say maybe a weak tensioner, but that is pretty low miles for that to happen.
hopefully this all straightens out for ya. :thumb:
By gtstripes
#345716 how did you go with the 3040 prop valve?

i have a disc swap but cant find a damn 4040 aaswell lol
By Uknterror
juls1488 wrote:what brand belt did you use?
i would say maybe a weak tensioner, but that is pretty low miles for that to happen.
hopefully this all straightens out for ya. :thumb:

Dayco from work (might get gates or just oem later). The issue was in fact the cam gears being severely worn down so I'm forced to get another set, I wont be taking the chance and driving until then. Reset timing and runs better but not quite the same, I might have the distributor offset just a tad but im not ruling out stuck valves or losing compression. Doing a compression check tomorrow, sucks but nothing i can do if damage is done. If everything checks out good then for some reason Im having severe ignition problems.

gtstripes wrote:how did you go with the 3040 prop valve?

i have a disc swap but cant find a damn 4040 aaswell lol

With the new chassis i decided to keep the rear drums as they are better for holding when trying to burnouts in water box but ofc suck for auto x (if I choose to do so). I was in a bind and sold my rear disk conversion complete with new calipers, ebrake cables and brackets and prop valve with switched bracket :/. I honestly had no intentions on doing something like that on the ground again, I'm in serious need of new suspension tho.
By Uknterror
#345724 Remind me to never buy something from jhpusa until they go back to the way they were. Ordered the front lcas the beginning of this month and havent seen a thing :x
By Uknterror
#345778 And so it begins, the constant fixing and repairing a car that will never be done lol. Turbo let go, come to find out precision doesnt know what feed line is best :thumbdown:
By Axix23
#345782 Most of us run a -3an. Some run an oil restrictor with ball bearing. Precision/Garrett turbos are hit/miss. I had a brand new Garrett turbo fail out of the box before.