Post YOUR Sedan here
By AznFireboi
#317514 Hey guys, finally decided that I wanted to tell the interwebs of my EG8's existence haha. I'm gonna try to make this car slightly more fun to drive and a hell of a lot more attractive, not that it isn't in my eyes :lol:, on a student's budget.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Things I've done so far:

- Fiberglass rust patching and spot repainting. I'm fairly proud of my bodywork considering it's my first time painting part of a full sized car and not just a model.
- Swapped gauge cluster from w/o tach to one with a tach.
- Ordered some spoon style mirrors on ebay, passenger side mirror was busted and a single oem style mirror was the same price as a pair of spoon style ones. Will post pics when received and installed
- 8th gen "Civic" badge, White honda emblem
- Clip on metal "TypeR" pedals. Adds like 50hp at the wheels :lol:

Things I want to do / Have yet to do:

Engine:
- Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust
- Cheapy ebay headers
- High flow stock airbox filter. Either that with a removed air baffle or a short ram intake. What do you fellas think?

Suspension:
- Progress CS2 coilover kit

Interior:
- Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel that my dad had on his cars when he was around my age.
- Re-wrapped door panel inserts and headliner. Still deciding on a pattern/colour

Exterior:
- Find a way to re-fix the rear bumper at the quarter panels. The area where the bumper was originally clipped has rusted through and can no longer hold that section of bumper in place.
If anyone has any info that can help me with that, it'd be greatly appreciated! :D
- Amber corner lights
- JDM style foglights
- SiR front lip
- Denji headlights and HID kit
-Sparco Terra rims. I don't know which looks better, white or grey.

Comments and criticism totally welcome! :thumb:
Last edited by AznFireboi on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By AznFireboi
#318015 Just got and installed my Spoon replica mirrors, and I'm really diggin' them. I heard bad things about the visibility with them, but I've been able to see from them perfectly fine. My only gripe is that the driver side mirror shakes a little. Will upload pictures when I have time.
By GSRsedan92
#318024 Nice sedan man and I think the white wheels look real clean on that blue haha.... :woot: :thumb:
By 95kuope
GSRsedan92 wrote:Nice sedan man and I think the white wheels look real clean on that blue haha.... :woot: :thumb:

By AznFireboi
#318029 Thanks guys! I'm considering getting e30 bottlecaps and painting them white too, just to pinch a few more pennies.
By stubrun
GSRsedan92 wrote:Nice sedan man and I think the white wheels look real clean on that blue haha.... :woot: :thumb:

Like he said
By AznFireboi
#322875 Finally came around to uploading a picture of my Civic with the Spoon rep. mirrors to my laptop. I love the look of them, and visibility isn't a problem at all. I also installed an AEM intake that my lovely girlfriend surprised me with for Christmas. :woot:

Not exactly the prettiest engine bay, but I plan on doing a little bit of cleaning when the spring rolls around.
By AznFireboi
#323199 Just finished installing my new Yonaka catback exhaust the other day. Took more time taking off the old one than it did putting the new one on! :thumbdown: But I'd say it was well worth the 2 days spent on the cold garage floor.

Does anyone know how I would be able to center the muffler and align it with the curve of the bumper?
By FG2_Andrew
#323206 You'd have to head the hangers and bend them. Honestly unless you have a torch and plenty of time, it's probably easier to pay a shop to do it.
By AznFireboi
#323328 My birthday is rolling around in a week, and my awesome dad is getting me a pair of amber corner lights and some jdm fogs! I can't wait to get those on my car!
Also, I'm planning on getting an SiR front lip, but I'm not sure if a type r or mugen would look better.
By Ajax1989
#323341 Id get the sir lip.. Looks better
By AznFireboi
#323347 Yeah, I was thinking that. I find that subtle changes in details are what makes a car look good. Would it look better painted, or left black? I haven't really seen any pictures of a painted SiR lip to make the judgement.
By FG2_Andrew
#323351 i personally HATE paint-matched parts.. lips, spoilers, moldings, mirrors. i think black here and there break up the scheme a little bit.
By brandoff88
#323358 hey man nice start, and yeah andy is right, a little break in color is good for a car, leave the lip black, it will still blend in and wont look goofy if you scratch it lol, i like the start you made, took something stock and clean and making it your own, and not just doing whateveryone else does...good luck and the white rims look better btw :thumb:
By AznFireboi
#323399 I've never seen an unpainted or non colour matched spoiler before, but I'd have to agree; it's all about the contrast! Thanks for the input and comments, guys! :D